Twelve

-Step on Me-

-i think you're holding the heart of mine-

-squeeze it apart that's fine-

Harry waits impatiently, praying that Fluer will come soon. They don't have that much time left, and he's getting nervous that the mermaids might try and pull something on them as they try and reach the surface. Cedric had already grabbed Cho, and Krum had taken Hermione as well.

He looks at Bria, knowing that she deserves to be taken to the surface and someone who would prioritize her first. But Harry can't just let Fluer's sister here.

He looks at her, and finds himself displeased that she seems to be anguished in her unconscious. How can someone seem more peaceful when they're awake rather than sleeping?

The nights when Harry does not get nightmares from Voldemort are the most peaceful times of his life. Even he knows that he sleeps well when he does not feel the overwhelming sense of death upon him. It is one of the only times when Harry truly feels at peace.

That doesn't seem to be the way for Bria. Her mouth, which usually has an easy, charming smile on her, has now fallen into a small frown. A small furrow on her brow contradicts the other three girls, who simply look like they're taking a peaceful nap.

Perhaps this is the only time when Bria can express how she truly feels on the inside. He knows that there is no way Bria could simply be that easygoing and content all the time. Surely with the mother that she has, she must feel some misery.

But even if she did feel those things, she never shows it. Until now. Harry doesn't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Harry finds himself more and more confused every day about spending time with her. He doesn't know what of their relationship is real and what isn't. He knows that she fancies him, but to what extent would that be? He knows that he doesn't fancy her back, but he admits that he feels some sort of protection over her.

Of course, he could argue that he feels protective of her the same way he is over Ron and Hermione. But he feels like the way he is protective over Bria is different than theirs. He can't exactly pinpoint why that is. Maybe it's because when Harry thinks about Bria, he sees her as more innocent than him, Ron, and Hermione.

She doesn't have the same worries that they have, the knowledge that they have. There is an innocence about her, the way that she is able to go to Hogwarts like a normal person. She takes her classes, plays Quidditch, and hangs out with her friends. All of which lack the same type of fear that Harry has to experience every year.

Maybe he wants to protect her the same way he had wanted to protect Ginny. They are both innocent bystanders to his life, having experienced hardships and difficulties for simply being attached to him.

But Ginny is stronger than Bria. Fiercer. She is full of fire and confidence and rage. She takes after Fred and George, troublemakers and loud and boisterous. Bria is not like Ginny. She is calm, and peaceful, and reminds Harry of the first breath of spring.

Harry looked at his watch. Time was running out for Bria and Fluer's sister. He huffs. He's going to have to bring Fluer's sister with him as he rescues Bria. He can't wait any longer.

Harry darted forward and began to hack at the ropes that were binding Bria, trying to make fast work. When she was finally free, he made fast work at doing the same to Fluer's sister.

The mermaids were not pleased with him he could tell that as much. They were rising with him, circling around him as sharks do with their prey. His shoulders ached terribly trying to drag Bria and Fleur's sister.