Ten

-An Ego Thing-

-you got angry & said some angry words-

-it's not that i hate you i hate that it hurt-

On Friday after her Charms lesson, a second-year hands her another letter from Moody, telling her that she needs to come to his office right away. She huffs. She's beginning to hate Professor Moody and his constant letters.

When she gets there, Harry is already waiting. Moody doesn't waste a second and starts right away explaining why they are here today.

"You two are to go on a lovely date to Hogsmeade tomorrow."

"What? Why?" Harry says, rather rudely in Bria's opinion.

"Don't sound so excited to see me, sweetheart," Bria remarks.

"Don't call me sweetheart."

Moody slams his hand on the table. "You will go on a date tomorrow to keep up appearances and you will enjoy it!"

"But I had other plans-"

"I don't care, Potter!"

"He's just mad that his girlfriend might see," Bria says impulsively.

Harry snaps his head at her immediately, knowing exactly who she is talking about. Bria immediately wants to take back what she had said, but doesn't.

After the night of the Yule Ball and Bria had comforted Hermione, she had begun going over the night's event in her head. And every time she recounts the memory of Harry not paying attention to her, of him looking at Ginny instead, it sets her into a fit of rage.

"Enough!" Moody barks one last time.

Harry and Bria stop talking after seeing that Moody was now grabbing his desk, white-knuckled trying to contain his frustration.

"What happened to the lovely couple that I had seen at the Yule Ball?"

He was busy thinking about another girl the whole night, Bria thinks bitterly.

But she doesn't say that aloud, and Harry didn't formulate a verbal response either. They just stared at Moody with blank looks on their face.

The trunk then starts shaking again, and Bria almost finds enough energy to be concerned. He seriously needed to get rid of that thing. Bria was tired of it interrupting her thoughts and conversations every time she was in his office.

Moody kicks the trunk and it comes to an abrupt stop. He then grabs his flask from his desk and licks his lips afterward. Bria bites her tongue to stop herself for asking to take a swig.

"Get out of my sight. I'm getting sick just looking at you two."

They left without a word, and when they entered the hallway, the had parted without even so much as a glance at the other.

The next morning, she met up with Harry as planned. As she met up with him outside of the Great Hall, she saw Ron and Hermione a few meters away. She looked at Harry, and he had the decency to look a little remorseful.

Bria pulls herself together. She had said some things that she hadn't meant either, and in a fit of jealousy, she hadn't apologized for what she had said.

He looks apologetic but still avoids eye contact with her. "I'm sorry for lashing out yesterday. It was wrong of me to blame you."

Bria raises a brow. "You want to look at me in the eye when you give that apology?"