9

It's been a long morning at school as you had to write down a report of your encounter with the curse spirit. In the report, you wrote some lies in there because you didn't trust them to know everything. The system was shit, filled with holes for higher ups to loop their way around and twist whatever they can grab. It was best to leave it vague so they can't point fingers at you and accuse you of doing something bad. Just like how you never told them about your cursed technique. It's not required for them to know and use it to your advantage.

At the end of the school day, you were in your office, putting information into the computer. You were glad that the day was coming to an end. It felt too long that you weren't sure whether or not you were going to make it through. "Maybe I should've taken the day off but I made it. Plus, I would have extra work to take home if I had."

You finished up typing, letting the document automatically save. You closed all tabs and restarted the computer for tomorrow. You rolled back in your chair as you got out of your seat, grabbing your bag at the same time. You weren't going to stay long if you didn't have to.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

You looked up at the door after pushing your chair in. "What are you doing here, Gojo?" You stopped what you were doing and let him say his peace then you'll leave. You probably assumed it had to be related to what happened yesterday. "You have five minutes because I want to go home."

Gojo chuckled from your bluntness. It was very humorous because you resembled a raging wild boar. There was no way you could control yourself from getting annoyed by Gojo's presence. "Oh come on, y/n! You know we had a fun and long conversation last night! Don't treat me so badly like I'm a bad guy!" Gojo pleaded with his pouty lips as he sat on your desk.

"Very ironic of you to say that. You have three minutes now. I wanna go home!"

"Fine, fine! Did you hear that your clan was hosting an event for all clans to attend?"

This was new news for you. You hadn't seen them in years so you wouldn't know what's going on with them. Cutting contact was the best thing you ever did. You kind of forgot they even existed. "No. I don't talk to them nor do I want to. Even if they invite me, I'm not going. I see no reason why when they care about their reputation more than their own daughter—oh wait, it's because they see me as a monster; a lesser person to their golden child. I want people to ask where their second daughter is so my parents can be flustered and shoot out a lie." The imagination of them getting bombarded with questions of your whereabouts made you excited. It wouldn't be long until they couldn't compose themselves anymore, and their true colors would show beneath their snakeskin.

"You and your vengeance, I swear..." Gojo wouldn't understand since he's not in your shoes. "I only asked because I wanted you to be my date—"

"Stop!" You stuck your hand out in his face from speaking further. That was a dangerous thing to say. "I have no intention of taking your offer. Just because you want to repair this broken bridge doesn't mean you can sheepishly ask me to be your date. This is where I draw the line, Gojo. I'm not going to dissect it but leave it here. Remember what I told you? My enemies will laugh at me."

Gojo blew up at your absurd statement. "You have no enemies!! Most people would be envious to have me as their—!"

"BYE!!" You ran out before Gojo could finish his nonsense. He got his answer and he should've known what your response was going to be. You didn't understand why in the world he thought it would be ok for you to be his date? It's like a slap in the face. If you had known Gojo was affiliated with the Tokyo school then you wouldn't have applied and accepted the position. You only decided to allow Gojo back into your life because he's a colleague and you're bound to see him. You couldn't hide from him forever.