32

When you woke up from your sleep, you turned your head to the side and grabbed your phone that was charging. You didn't touch your phone last night due to being very busy. You knew your phone blew up with questions or accusations. "Ah... Let's see what people have to say to me..." Your finger pressed the home button, revealing all the notification messages and missed calls from your peers and Kenji. You're surprised Kenji even contacted you too, but then again this was a serious crime you committed.

Scrolling through notifications, you read some from Mei Mei, Nanami, Yaga, and even your students. It spread like wildfire and they were genuinely concerned about you, asking what's going on and if you're okay and it must be a lie. Luckily for you, your contact list was very small since you didn't have many friends. You only exchanged numbers with those you will be around. Your heart ached and your chest was very heavy; you felt this situation taking a toll on your body as it has settled in. "Well, I should inform my students and Yaga that I won't be coming in until it's been handled properly with evidence."

Firstly, you called Yaga and briefly stated your leave of absence. "Hey Yaga, this is y/n... I'm just letting you know I won't be coming back to work anytime soon. I am under house arrest and you know the reason why too... We can talk about my position later—"

Yaga cut you off and spoke in a stern voice like he's scolding one of his students. "You're not going to be fired so calm down. I know you didn't harm Gojo. I've observed the interactions between you two and in my heart, you wouldn't have done it without a reason. I understand the amount of pressure you're under so please take care of yourself first."

Just like that, a small part of your heavy soul was lifted. You didn't believe Yaga would have your back that quickly yet then again, you believed him to be very rational about his decision making. It felt nice to know he didn't jump on the hate bandwagon too. You knew you had one but at least you weren't exposed to it right now.

A smile curled your lips. "Thanks, I'll be back soon." The call ended and you were on your next one: the students.

The second person you called was Itadori. The moment your finger pressed the call button on his contact name, it was answered in a millisecond as if he anticipated your call.

"SENSEI!!!" Itadori cried out loud, forcing you to pull your phone away from your sensitive ear.

"My goodness...!" You whispered, taken aback by his voice bursting your eardrum.

"IS IT TRUE?! IS IT TRUE THAT—"

"No!!! Gojo is alive and is recovering right now. I was blackmailed to do it. I'm under the eyes of the Gojo Clan so don't worry about me. I'll clear up my innocence. Tell the others ok?"

"I DON'T BELIEVE YOU DID IT!! THEY ARE FALSELY ACCUSING YOU!!"

As much as you wanted to chuckle at his optimism and support, you appreciated his words so you held it inside.

"Thanks. I've gotta go!" You ended the call quickly, not wanting to drag this conversation with Itadori. You knew damn well this was a lot for the students to take in—both of their teachers turned on each other, one's poisoned, one's convicted of attempted murder.

Next was Mei Mei. She would know all the gossip in town. Staring at her contact info, you contemplated whether you should call her. Did you really want to know people's thoughts? Probably not. You're already stressed. You didn't need to add more. Same went for Kenji. You decided not to contact him either as you already knew what your family was thinking about. They were probably cursing your name. However, you did look at Kenji's messages on the notification center and it was written in all caps talking about how it's driving your parents insane.