15

Prior to the mission, you and Gojo had to rehearse how to be a couple at his estate. It made you sick and you wished someone would send you to the hospital. That would be greatly appreciated but sadly, you knew no one would do it especially when they didn't want to get involved with the higher ups if they didn't have to.

You two were in the living room.

"Can you not have the scornful look on your face? Everyone will realize we're not a married couple." Although Gojo didn't want to be a part of this mission with you, he gladly accepted it to see if he could improve the broken friendship you guys had.

"Well, we can say it was an arranged marriage! That's believable." You said in a snarky tone, pursing your lips as it repelled you away from Gojo. You physically couldn't be near him and act all lovey dovey. It felt like you had to sacrifice your soul to Satan in order to achieve the fakeness.

"Please, don't make it difficult. We need to blend in as much as possible and get enough information. Remember, the higher ups gave you the mission, not me."

"Fuck, you're right." Now, you had no choice but to be touchy-touchy with the guy. Not to mention, you had the best reports which helped you climb up the ranks. Their expectation was high because you did it. You created your own downfall.

Gojo didn't want to toot his own horn but he had to. "You know I'm always right." He smacked his lips as he ran his hand through his snowy white hair.

"Oh, god... They should've given me someone else than you..." You knew your best option would've been Nanami. He was a respectful gentleman and a hard worker who could fit the mission, but the con of him would've been his stiffness. He wouldn't be able to draw out information about their island because he can come off as frigid. After correcting your thoughts of who else could replace Gojo, no one could outbeat him. "Never mind. I guess they were spot on with you..."

"Well, what should we do to make you comfortable?"

You shot Gojo with a confused look: your brows furrowed and lips thinned. "Woah, aren't you the one who hates me?" You weren't sure what he was playing because it was giving you mixed signals. He was bold to ask since it was clear on his face a few weeks ago he loathed you.

"Hate is a strong word, and I don't hate you. I understand what happened at your house. I can't force you to fill in my spot." Immediately, Gojo grabbed both of your hands in his and brought it to his chest. He watched how your face turned red like a mood ring. You weren't irked by him anymore, rather timid like a deer caught in headlights. Your heart raced ferociously, unable to move. Your face, ears, and neck were flaming hot like a firing place heating a cold room. Your hands against his thin white shirt felt his beating heart. It was racing either in excitement or embarrassment of his own swift action.

Aww. Look at her. She's not even making eye contact with me. Her head is hung low, but she's really bright red and her hands are very warm too. Am I making her nervous? She's not even speaking or moving. I think I must've broken her. It's kind of... cute? Gojo didn't want to admit that but he had to. You were acting so cute. You're always so confident and sly but your walls melted, turning you into smush. It made him wonder if you act differently in romantic relationships.

Meanwhile, you were trying to reboot yourself from malfunctioning. Come on, y/n! You can't let Gojo make you feel all weird and shy!! You're better than this! You've been in relationships before!! What's different from this?!! Gosh, what the hell man! You were trying to snap out of it but the trance was too strong. It kept a tight grip on you.

Gojo smirked to himself how you didn't react yet so he decided to be a little asshole and push you further. He lifted your chin up as his index finger curled under your chin and his thumb tugged the bottom of your lips. This forced you to look at him, and you were getting redder than red while your eyes were glossy.