22

You patiently sat on a bench, waiting for Gojo to arrive as it's finally the date he's been wanting for weeks now. You looked at the gloomy sky, regretting choosing this day as it might rain soon. You only realized it when waiting for Gojo and seeing people holding their umbrellas.

"I should always look at the weather but I don't. I'm dressed all cute. I did my hair and makeup too because he wanted to simulate a real date." You wore a sweater shirt with a printed midi skirt and sneakers. It's been a long time since you went on dates. You've focused so much on yourself and work that dating wasn't on your radar. You were content not having a partner since it didn't bother you nor did you have outside pressure telling you to get married and have children.

Your foot dragged across the concrete as you zoned out. You wondered how long you were going to wait. You came five minutes early and you've been waiting for ten minutes now.

"I don't think he's the type to stand me up when he desperately wants this." You muttered to yourself, laughing a little to make yourself feel better about this situation. "I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's just running late. I don't need to be harsh about his timely manner."

Then a voice called out to you. "Y/n? Is that you?"

You whipped your head to the side and saw it was Kenji by himself. He dressed nicely like he's going to a business meeting, but Kura wasn't with him which was odd. They're always stuck together like glue. The only time you saw him alone was when he came to your house.

"Yeah... Where's Kura? Did you finally grow some balls and start to become independent?"

Kenji frowned at your questions. Of course, the good old you would say that to him. He doesn't get a greeting from you but a snarky response hitting his head. "Well, hello y/n. It's nice to meet you. Kura is busy meeting Sato Minato and other people so I have free time and I didn't want to stay home either. I've discovered something that you told me about. My head isn't cleared when I'm with her; it's only clouded by the written letters between her and Gojo. So why're you dressed up? Are you going somewhere?"

You crossed your legs, chuckling to yourself, seeing how the table was slowly turning away from Kura. You locked eyes with Kenji with a small smile on your lips. "I'm waiting for my date."

"You don't look too excited." Kenji said in a flat tone of voice. He couldn't see any life in your eyes when you said that. Most people would be on edge, excited, scared during dates but you looked unsure and eerily calm. "Who's your date?"

"It's me!!" Finally, Gojo appeared as he shocked Kenji. Kenji's eyes widened, staring at Gojo and you. He couldn't believe you're on a date with your ex fiancé despite what happened in the past. Kenji was in disbelief.

Gojo grinned brightly, being in a good mood today. He wore a white fitted t-shirt, covered with a black leather jacket on top and blue jeans and sneakers. Instead of his blind fold, he got his black sunglasses on. In his hands was a big bouquet of expensive flowers. "Sorry, it took so long! I got you flowers along the way!"

Your heart leaped in surprise and appreciation, and you couldn't deny how gorgeous they were. It was a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. You graciously took the bouquet, wrapping your hands around the base and smelling it. The fresh, sweet scent filled your nostrils as it made you smile. You didn't expect this but it lightened up your day already. You could forgive Gojo for being late now. He made it up by this sweet act.

Gojo noticed your face softening as you gazed lovingly at the flowers he gave you. It swelled his heart because he knew you loved it even if you weren't saying it. He must be the first guy in forever to give you flowers. Gojo enjoyed seeing this type of expression on your face. You looked so lovely and radiant.