31

When you arrived back at the Gojo estate, they immediately took off the rope and you were brought to an emergency clan meeting but before that you needed to change your clothes. Lord Gojo told the maids to take you to a room to clean your appearance.

They dressed you in a floral printed kimono. They wrapped you up, tightened the sash, and added final pieces on you. While they did all the work, you dazed out pondering your next move as you didn't pay attention to them.

I have to go to the black market and snag the seller so he doesn't get killed... But I'll have to talk to the Gojo members to see what they're willing to do for the sake of Gojo Satoru. You said to yourself.

"Alright, Miss y/n, you are ready." The maids rolled a standing mirror in front of you, allowing you to examine your new look. Your hair was decorated with ornaments and the color of the kimono complimented your skin tone. This took you by surprise since you believed it was supposed to be an outfit change. You looked like you were going to a formal event. "Let's take you back. They are waiting for you."

"Okay." You followed the maids as they led the way.

The quiet walk to the audience room came to your feet, standing in front of a closed panel door. You could see many shadowy figures from the lighting in the room as the rice paper panels were on the thinner side.

You breathed softly and collected yourself.

Your name was announced and the door slid open, cueing your entrance. In front of your eyes were Gojo members sitting around a rectangular table as they looked at you. They were good at hiding their emotions as you couldn't discern their feelings. They may or may not like you and you wouldn't know until the conversation began.

You sat at the only open spot in between Gojo members you didn't know. The atmosphere was tense and it's going to stay this way for a while longer.

Lord Gojo started off the discussion as he was racing against time. He didn't want you to be imprisoned immediately under his care, but he had to bring justice in your honor and his son's honor too. It was a lot for him to think about and his mind all sorted. "Today, we come here to discuss the future of the Gojo Clan. As we all know, my son Satoru is recovering from the poison Miss Y/N was blackmailed to do by Gakuganji. I received the evidence from her and I'm building the case to be presented."

"Excuse me." One member spoke up as they weren't convinced that you were forced to do it. "Out of all people, why did it have to be y/n? I think Gakuganji would've been smarter to choose someone else."

"It's me because we're colleagues at the school we work at so we have to be on good terms. I also think it was a good choice for Gakuganji given that we didn't have a good history with one another. If that's not the real reason then we can all assume and use our brains to connect the dots..." You defended your name so it wouldn't be tarnished by them. You weren't going to let their words slide so they could boost their ego and sound smarter, controlling the narrative.

"Then what blackmailing did Gakuganji say?" Another asked.

"If I didn't comply then my career as a sorcerer would be jeopardized. Did I really have a choice? Not really."

One member wasn't pleased by your response and felt like it was false. "I think you did have a choice. You could've walked away!" Then they went on and on about how easy it could've been to turn off your listening ears.

It boiled your blood as they sounded conceited and very narrow minded, but you had to keep yourself under control. You didn't want a bad outlook on yourself already. "Oh, is that so? I couldn't even reject the offer because he spilled his intention then threatened me. What choice did I really have? I wouldn't have made it out alive if I had said no. Gakuganji would've eliminated me to keep my mouth shut. What was I supposed to do? Fear of higher power is truly frightening."