35

Today was the trial and everyone had to travel to a different city for this to begin. Nobody knew the Gojo Clan had your back so you weren't solo and going to be targeted like a lamb surrounded by coyotes. You dressed very clean and professional, already playing in your head how you were going to plead and defend yourself. It was discussed that Gojo won't appear until the very end to bombshock everyone. Hopefully it goes well because knowing Gojo, you're not sure if he's gonna do what he's told to do.

You got off the van that took you here and walked inside a makeshift courthouse. The building wasn't the biggest but it was a decent size to fit people. Your shoes clicked clacked inside a long and dimmed hallway. There were no windows, only small light fixtures leading the way.

Geez... I'm so nervous. I can feel it in my bones! Because I don't know if anyone is going to rig the system. I have to win, and I'm pretty sure the higher ups will cover their own ass whether Gakuganji used their names, or they actually wanted me to get rid of Gojo. We'll see how this twisted story ends. You said to yourself as your fist tightened.

There were two big double doors a few feet ahead of you. You mentally prepared yourself, knowing very well there will be people there awaiting for the verdict of this case. You wouldn't be surprised if the whole jujutsu society gathered in the courthouse because it spread like wildfire. Nobody would be on your side since who would want to go against Gakuganji? He's well respected and sorcerers look up to him.

Opening the door, you were greeted with a bunch of stares and murmurs. You distinguished who despised your guts, who came to get the first news, and who prayed for your downfall. You knew they were talking about you whether it were whispers or purposefully loud talks.

"She has no shame!"

"Just look at her cockiness!"

"I'd be ashamed to have a daughter like her."

"It's scary she'd even try to poison her ex fiancé."

"She's going to get what she deserves!"

"Youngsters are always causing trouble for old folks. She's trying to destroy Gakuganji's reputation by dragging this out instead of taking the consequences of her own actions. I feel bad for him."

"Hmph!" You scoffed, lifting your head high as you were going to show them your innocence. As confident as you were, there's no doubt your opponent won't fabricate lies or try to twist things to their favor. You will do anything in your power to win. You won't lose to any old man who's closer to death than you.

Noble families and sorcerers were present sitting in rows of benches. The inside was bigger than the outside. You wished it was smaller so the gossip mouths would spread the news and let people anticipate who won.

Gross. My family is here and Kura's fake friends. They're all looking at me. They should've stayed home. Fuck them. And geez... We even got the Zenin crew too. Ew, there's Naoya. Hopefully this gives him reason to forget the engagement his dad set up because this will be him next!! You were fired up seeing familiar faces. It's time for them to eat shit while you turn the table in your favor. They doubted so you're going to make sure to put on a good show.

Walking past the Zenin members, you heard someone shuffling out of their seat to reach you. A brisk walk came from Naoya as he wanted a word with you. His fast pace reached you and he put a hand on your shoulder to stop you from slipping away. Your body halted and you looked over your shoulder with a neutral expression.

"Is there something you need?" You said in a monotone voice, letting him know you didn't see him as anyone special but a delusional person who thinks he can have you.