24

Today was it. The day you travel to Kabukicho and visit the man who murdered your lover. It was nightfall where the streets became alive as the lights shone brightly. Men and women lingered on the streets, luring their future customers to make a living.

"Ah... the smell of sex, drugs, and alcohol. What a lovely way to let people know what area they're stepping in." You puffed out the scent of nicotine from your plumped lips. The smoke dispersed into the air, quickly traveling and vanishing across the lively streets of Kabukicho. You picked up your smoking habit for today as you were riddled with vengeance. Just taking a hit easily calmed your nerves and urges to rip a person's throat.

You wore a black hoodie, jeans, and sneakers. You didn't have the energy to dress like a whore. You felt depleted and annoyed, thinking about fitting the dress code. Of course dressing to fit in would be way easier to get your way, but you were going to get dirty no matter what clothes you wore. Blood didn't scare you. It only concludes that you're a sociopath.

Your feet walked forward, inhaling and exhaling your cigarette as your eyes scanned the bars on the strip that Hirata Hajime would hang out at. Finding him and his hideout felt like a scene in a movie because you were told when you find his main bar, you'll have to 'order' a specific drink which was a secret code for the bartender to know that you're here for Hirata and you'll be brought to your killer.

You didn't want to ask people around you since you couldn't fully trust them. Plus, you're too stubborn to ask for help; you wanted to find it on your own.

As you kept going and making sure you didn't pass it, you halted in your steps when you heard your name called.

"Y/n, is that you?"

The voice sounded familiar but you couldn't put a finger on it. You blew another smoke and slowly spun around, facing Mimiko and Nanako. Meeting eyes with the twins, your heart dropped to your stomach and you tossed your cigarette away. It's been ages since you've last seen the girls Geto treasured like his own daughters.

Your protective adult mode turned on as you knew how much these girls meant to Geto. The first time you met them they were much smaller but now they're all grown up. Even if Geto's dead, he wouldn't want them to be roaming in the red light district. "Why are you guys here? You don't belong here. It's a dangerous place! People will exploit you!" You rushed to them and began pushing them out of the area.

"Y/n!! No!" Nanako protested.

"Please, we're here for you!" Mimiko said and you stopped for a moment.

You stepped away from them and sighed as they glanced at you. "This is not the right time to talk to me. I know you girls are smart so please come back another time. It's not that I don't want to see you two, but I have important business right now. Please, you know Geto wouldn't want you out this late at night where bad things can happen."

Nanako bit her lips, holding in her frustration but she didn't say a thing. She didn't know what to say to you. She wanted to say so much but didn't know where to begin. All she knew was that you're the key to stop it; to save their master's unrest body from the evil spirit taking over it.

"But—!"

"Mimiko, let's go." Nanako sternly asked, dragging her sister as you watched them leave the area. For some reason, it triggered an old memory to resurface when Geto introduced you to his girls.

<FLASHBACK>

It was only three weeks into dating Geto when he dropped a bomb on you. On your date with him, two young girls shyly hid behind his body. You wanted to say they were 10 years old or so.