13

"What happened?" Mei Mei asked, sitting at the edge of your bed when you finally woken. She really wanted to know since she never saw you pass out before. She knew because she worked alongside you as well. Mei Mei could see it in your face that something was bothering you. She's glad that the warmth and color was returning back.

You didn't want to look at her as anchoring your head downward was too much work. You kept your eyes glued to your ceiling and spoke softly, "Probably stress and tense emotions... Got into an argument with Gojo and it was spiteful. He gained nothing trying to make amends that he created. I'm too tired right now."

Mei Mei always found Gojo weird once she noticed him hanging around you more than ever. Everyone knew how much he hated your guts back in high school hence it shocked people. If all he wanted was to do that and later take a few steps back then what's the point? I don't think they can overlook the past. Their history sounds too complicated and loaded with emotions nobody can undo but themselves. Mei Mei said to herself.

"Then why'd you let him back into your life?"

"I don't know... It's inevitable because we're both sorcerers and someday we're going to have to see each other or even work with each other. I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but you know Gojo... Once he pesters you, he won't shut up. I guess I gave in and allowed this to happen. Maybe I thought I could be the bigger person to let things go and change the dynamic but I don't care anymore. I'll fake it if I have to."

"Hmmm. You're more weak hearted than I remember!" Mei Mei joked, laughing to herself. "I'll leave you to rest. Am I going to see you at the Kyoto Sister School Goodwill Event? It's coming up soon."

"Probably. I don't feel like I have a choice since I am a staff member there too."

After a few hours Mei Mei left, you were in the living room about to finish your drama but someone knocked on your front door. You prayed to god it wasn't Gojo. You had enough of him.

When you opened the door, the person wanting to see you never crossed your mind. "Well, well... If it isn't Kenji, Kura's husband." He had no lively expression but a stoic one. "Surprised you found my house and came here alone. You're so brave to not cause a scandal. I don't want to be linked with you, having the headline say I have a secret romantic relationship with my brother in law. Gross."

"Will you cut it? I came here because after weeks of the event your parents hosted, my relationship with Kura hasn't—"

You stopped him from talking even more. It's been a day for you, and you didn't want to hear that right now. Their marriage problem has nothing to do with you. "Come back another day in a week then we'll talk. It's rude of you to turn up at my doorsteps, thinking I'd let you in because we're family."

"But!"

"And I'm going to make you wait since you deserve it for being a dick at the event. So I'll see you soon!" You slammed the door in front of his face. You didn't care what happened in their relationship because Kura reaped what she sowed. It's your parents' fault for allowing her head to get too big, thinking she's invincible and nothing bad would happen to her or she cannot do anything wrong. Your parents can't protect her forever. She will receive her own downfall soon enough.

/

Today was the day of the Goodwill Event. You dressed in your usual sorcerer outfit and waited for everyone to arrive. Both classes were present except for some other staff members.

"I should've stayed home. I'm so tired. I don't know what fuel I'm running on..." You yawned, stretching your upper body. Your neck kind of hurts from sleeping in a bad position. You probably needed to buy new pillows. You believed the fluff inside couldn't hold its shape anymore.