Chapter 2: The Man in the Pillar, Straizo's Ambition

Gyalzen POV

As soon as the plane had arrived in Mexico. Speedwagon guided us to the site of his bizarre discovery. A strange ancient temple in the middle of a Mexican jungle. I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact whereabouts.

Meeting up with some of Speedwagon's workers, we were lead into the temple. A narrow, dark corridor. The walls were lined with strange markings that provoked me to ask "What is this place?" Markings showed what looked like people with great power, far beyond that of a normal man.

Speedwagon explained to our group "When you witness this I think, no, I'm SURE you'll feel a chill. It's frightful enough to make your hair stand on end. It's even worse than the terror we faced fifty years ago when we fought Dio and Damian."

The corridor ended with a large open chamber of sorts and straight away, I knew what had caught the attention. Master Straizo noted "This place is tremendous." Speedwagon stated "This is why I summoned you."

Shining his torch directly ahead, my eyes widened. At first it appeared to be a statue, however Master Straizo exclaimed "It's the mask! There are so many of them!" I'd heard the story of the stone mask many times, and here there were SEVERAL of them! 

In the centre though made me gasp, the clear figure of a MAN! His body melded into the stone pillar with the several masks all around him. Was he a statue? Was he alive? I had no clue, whatever he was though, I felt uneasy being in the pillar's presence.

Image of the man in the pillar:

Speedwagon asked, clearly terrified "What is this? Who is the man in that pillar? It's not a carving

Speedwagon asked, clearly terrified "What is this? Who is the man in that pillar? It's not a carving. He has amino acids, he has cells. And though faint, he has a body heat and pulse! This man is ALIVE!" 

I took a step closer towards the strange phenomenon. I had no idea something like this was possible. My master's eyes twitched for a moment as Speedwagon asked once more. "Straizo, what is he exactly? How long has he been here? None of that matters, we have one purpose here! I called you so that you could destroy him utterly with Hamon as he sleeps!"

My attention turned to Master Straizo only to see him stood staring at the pillar blankly. He turned to look at Speedwagon and asked "What of Joseph Joestar?" Turning properly, he added "How is the young man doing? I hear he used Hamon to save your life once."

This name was unfamiliar to me, so I just watched the exchange. Speedwagon seemed confused as he asked "Why bring JoJo up now?" Master Straizo continued "I believe it was back when he was thirteen years old. Yes, some men hijacked your plane so that they could ransom you."

Speedwagon went on to give a detailed description of this event. Apparently, this 'Joseph' had been enraged that his suit, given to him by his grandmother, was damaged. In his fury Joseph easily overpowered the thugs and rescued Speedwagon.

He ended his story by saying "He looks just like his grandfather, but he's far from a gentleman. That was when I discovered that Joseph could use Hamon." Master Straizo walked past Speedwagon, clarifying "So, he inherited Hamon breathing from his grandfather Jonathan."