Chapter 7: Esidisi's Burning Blood!

(Just a heads up, this chapter is a REALLY long one!)

Gyalzen POV

I stared up in horror as Master Loggins' lifeless body twitched on the foot of the mysterious man. Joseph exclaimed "I-instructor Loggins! He's dead!" As the figure turned his head to face us, he added by calling out "Esidisi?!"

I turned to Joseph, asking "You know this person?" Joseph took a moment to respond but when he did, he informed me. "Yeah, this is Esidisi, one of the three Pillar men we told you about earlier." My attention snapped back to the figure as my shock only increased. "Pillar Men?! Why is he here?!"

Image of Esidisi:

Joseph kept his eyes on this 'Esidisi', stating

Joseph kept his eyes on this 'Esidisi', stating. "So, you came to Venice, to this island." Esidisi didn't respond at first, however I noticed his left arm began pulsing for a second. He turned his attention to Air Supplena Island, before finally saying "To think, that the woman guarding the stone is just an island over."

With a flick of his foot, Loggins' body was sent into the air before crashing to the floor near us. As he landed on his back, a gaping wound in his chest was revealed. It was clear his lungs had been pulled out, they were vital for Hamon users.

I thought over what he'd said, stone, that must have been the 'Aja' Joseph said Lisa Lisa had shown him. Esidisi began to walk away, not even paying either of us a second glance. For a moment we both knelt by Loggins' side.

Joseph muttered under his breath "The tyrannical Loggins, you yelled at me for three weeks. To be honest, I hated you. I thought I would finally get back at you for all you did. But watch me from up there, my instructor." I added "Watch both of us." I may have agreed that Loggins was a harsh teacher. However he didn't deserve the fate I got, now it was up to me to avenge him!

We got to our feet, turning to Esidisi. Surprisingly, we saw him walking across the pit of spikes, each one stabbing into his foot but yielding no reaction. Joseph was about to follow however I raised my hand and said "Leave this one to me."

Joseph looked at me like I had three heads. He exclaimed "What?! Are you crazy?! Do you know what these Pillar guys are capable of?!" I turned to him with a blank expression as I replied "I can hazard a guess." 

My tone became serious "Look Joseph, the reason I came out here in the first place was to become strong enough to defeat Straizo. As glad as I am that he was defeated, I felt robbed that it was you to do it and not me. I let this slide though when the Pillar Men were mentioned, don't you see? THIS is my chance at redemption." 

Joseph tried saying "His ring, was one of the two to place a ring inside me. The solution is in that nose-ring he wears." I stated "And I'll get it back for you. You have my word, even it I have to rip his nose ring out. Besides, I'm not the one with a breathing restricting mask on."

Joseph was taken aback by my statement, muttering "Gyalzen..." He then pouted like a child as he reluctantly said "Fine, but I'm not letting you die here. If things get bad, I'm intervening." I nodded and said "Good, if it comes to that, we'll take him together."