Chapter 17: Blinded by the Light

Gyalzen POV

"You or JoJo, it doesn't matter who dies first. But if you're so desperate. Then I'll happily oblige."

He raised his arms up in front of him, striking a pose as a bright light shone out from his body! For a moment I had to shield my eyes however I snapped out defiantly "I'm well aware of your abilities Kars! I won't fall victim to another of your tricks!"

The light died down as Kars chuckled. "Oh really? You 'aware' are you?" He let out a laugh bordering on insanity, though he managed to mask it behind his calm persona before his expression fell to a serious one just like before. 

"Gyalzen." He said in a disinterested tone. "I know everything about your feeble little steam generation. While you have only seen glimpses of what I'm truly capable of. Rest assured though you shall soon understand. By the time you are dead, it will all become clear."

Behind me, Joseph called out "Gyalzen?! What are you doing?!" I shot him a sideways glance and instructed "Focus on Lisa Lisa JoJo! She needs you much more than I do." Joseph's eyes widened "Wha-? What about Kars?!"

Slowly turning to face my opponent once more, I sternly stated "Leave Kars to me." 

This caused the Pillar Man to smirk as he stated "So, you're serious about fighting me alone? Brave, but foolish. Very well. I shall give you the death you so desperately crave." And it was with these words he raised his arms once more.

This time the bone blades emerged with a glimmer of light. I got on my guard, preparing for anything as Kars declared "I shall end this quickly." Before lunging forward, chuckling to himself!

He swung both arms together in a criss-cross motion attempting a swift decapitation. However this was easy to intercept as I leapt upwards and gripped hold of Kars head with both hands. I sent a burst of Hamon that made him stagger, though he quickly composed himself and swung his arms up again.

This time I leapt over and landed on the other side of him, attempting to thrust my elbow to strike him in the back. However before I could do that, Kars had spun and slashed the blade down effectively cutting into my elbow before it could collide.

Wincing in pain, I was forced to step back. We once-more stood opposite one another, the Hamon I'd sent into Kars earlier was only a tiny burst, not nearly enough to do any damage. Though it did make Kars' smirk grow.

"Heh heh. You actually managed to land an attack without striking me from behind. You've improved since our last confrontation Gyalzen. I'll give you that. But, you're still LEAGUES behind me. As you shall now witness."

With those words, he lashed out with the blade on his right arm, I flipped back allowing my hands to intentionally scrape across the stone beneath. A quiet hiss was heard as thin trails of steam began seeping from my hand.

I evaded another attack from the Pillar Man, before yelling "ZOOM PUNCH!" My arm dislocated and extended outwards aiming for Kars' face however he spun around, causing his blade to cut at my hand.

I felt a sting as a long gash appeared running down the middle in a line, had it been deeper, it could have cut my whole hand in half! There was little time to rest though as Kars had swiftly leapt back to finish the job.

Raising his left bone blade to strike, I got a good look at the jagged teeth that lined it. I managed to dodge the downward strike by pushing off the ground to jump aside however this just made Kars comment "You fell for my trick."

He followed up by swinging his right arm around, this time I was unable to react in time as the blade sliced into my face, the exact patch he'd hit in our last fight. The wound from then had mostly healed, his latest attack though had re-opened the wound.