Chapter 16: The Second Battle, Kars' True Nature Revealed

Gyalzen POV

Wamuu's remains scattered in the wind, I noticed Joseph giving his opponent one final salute. And I could understand why. Neither of us held any affinity for the Pillar Man, but regardless of that, we had to acknowledge his show of honour. He was brave to the end. That much was certain.

For a moment all was silent, Kars closed his eyes and clasped at the stray particles. Once his eyes slowly began to open, he spoke in a tone showing no clear emotion. "Wamuu, he was too pure of a warrior. That purity made him weak!"

The Vampires nearby began talking among themselves "Wamuu lost? What a disappointment." Another added "That fool was just posturing." Lisa Lisa stated coldly "Your friends are so low, it makes me want to puke."

In an instant, a blade lanced out, stabbing the three Vampires that had insulted Wamuu through the head. Kars stood, using the blade to train the essence from the three until they were frail and nothing but bone. He dropped them to the ground, withdrawing the blade into his arm.

In an instant, he tossed his headwrap aside revealing long flowing purple hair as he declared "Only I remain. HOWEVER." Raising the blade once more, he said "I alone ALWAYS stand on top!" The remaining Vampires went crazy as it was now clear Kars was intent on continuing the challenge. Not that I expected him to back down anyway.

There was a flash of light from his body as one of the Vampires barked "Lord Kars, there's no reason to fight one-on-one!" Another called "Who needs rules? Let us take them!" They lunged forward shrieking "We'll turn them into sprays of blood!" 

Before they could reach us though, Lisa Lisa leapt upwards and swiftly kicked two of them before holding up the red stone. The Vampires began to panic as she said "I told you. It's me against Kars. One-on-one. But if you don't like those terms, I'll just smash it!" 

She held the stone overhead, preparing to potentially smash it when Kars spoke up to defuse the situation. "I'm a man of my word. One-on-one. My promise still stands. That's why I revealed my horn to you. As for my underling's behaviour. They're already dead as you can see."

As these words were spoken, the Vampires fell into slices having already been cut when Kars was talking. Kars informed "All I want is the red stone. However, Wamuu and Esidisi were my comrades for ten thousand years. I must honour both their deaths and their pride. I will fight you Hamon users fairly. And finish this with my own hands. Lisa Lisa, after seeing you fight, I won't think of you as a woman. I will fight you with all my strength."

Timeskip...

Kars lead us out of the arena, towards a strange stone construct as he said "We fight over there. The temple at Piz Berlina. Champions once came here to drink the blood of the fallen mixed with liquor. They thanked the gods for the joys of life. It's not an arena, but it will add to our fight."

Joseph voiced concerns about Lisa Lisa's safety and insisted in taking over, even I suggested "I could fight in your stead if you'd like." Lisa Lisa however tossed her coat aside revealing a blue attire underneath as she stated "You will not! I haven't lived my life so that a pair of striplings have to stand up for me." Joseph commented "Oh, you're fifty. Right."

As she hopped up onto the narrow platform, both her and Kars facing one another as Kars stated "I will use my Brilliant Bone Blades. I would offend Wamuu if I didn't offer you a weapon. Take your pick." In front of Lisa Lisa was a pile of various weapons, though she kicked them aside without hesitation. She held up her scarf explaining "My scarf will suffice."

I knew better than to doubt her. I'd seen what she did to that Wired Beck. Kars just raised his blade, saying "I see. Then, let us fight." A grin spread across his face as light glimmered off the blade. Light began to glow from Kars' body and it was here, I gained a confused expression.