Chapter 13: Picking up the Trail, 100 Vampires!

Gyalzen POV

Caesar was dead. His life ended after brutal battle with the Pillar Man Wamuu. He was in this building right now. That much was certain, he must have been wounded, as there was a trail of blood that served as our guide.

The time for grieving had passed, now was the time for ACTION!

The entire hotel was shrouded in shadow, none of us were familiar with the layout of it. If it wasn't for the trail of blood Wammu had left, we'd likely have been lost. I silently thanked Caesar, it was clear that he hadn't gone down without a fight. Joseph pointed ahead and declared "We can't let Wammu recover! We're going in!"

The trail lead us to a set of double doors, it was obvious that Wamuu was beyond them. Joseph stepped forward and grasped the door handle only to suddenly recoil with a gasp. Lisa Lisa asked "What is it?" 

Joseph responded "Well, this doorknob is grossing me out." I looked to where he was pointing. Sure enough, the doorknob resembled a HAND! Both of us leaned forward to look at it as I commented "I see. Yes, it does look strange."

Joseph grasped it again muttering "It feels like I'm grabbing some guy's hand." Suddenly a loud voice boomed throughout the corridor "I'M NOT A DOOR!" Both of us recoiled, looking around as the voice spoke again. "What're you looking for? I said I'm not a door!" 

This turned our attention back ahead of us. This time though we were shocked to see a MAN EMERGING FROM IT! Lisa Lisa called out "A vampire! Look out both of you!" Joseph managed to defend himself but fell back in the process, I somersaulted backwards to evade the strike aimed at me.

The Vampire took a step forward, saying "It it weren't for that weapon, I'd have peeled your face clean off!" He chuckled and smirked as he introduced himself. "I am Wired Beck. I killed my lover but escaped from prison. Then Lord Kars made me a part of his gang with a mask. He has my loyalty. I'm not going to let you disturb Lord Kars' rest."

Image of Wired Beck:

It seemed Kars was wasting no time unleashing his curse upon humanity

It seemed Kars was wasting no time unleashing his curse upon humanity. I knew of the stone mask and its properties from Straizo's demonstration. Joseph slowly got to his feet as Wired Beck made a series of weird noises.

Joseph's expression went cold as he said "You're just a pawn, bound for hell. Here, let me give you a little push into the abyss." Before he could step forward though, Lisa Lisa drifted in front of us. This act made Wired Beck grin as he rambled "Beautiful! Magnificent!" He continued rambling vulgar things that only made me scoff in disgust. 

Lisa Lisa bluntly replied "I'm in a bad mood. I don't want to hear from, or look at, a worm like you. But if you want to hold me, just try. It'll be the last thing you ever do." This caused the Vampire to laugh as spikes shot out from around his body! 

Beck snapped "I don't like it when women make jokes about me." In an instant he lunged forward, screaming. Lisa Lisa simply made a gesture, Hamon channelling through her. Beck yelled out "I'll hug you to death!"