Volume 1; Chap 1.1

Click

Clack

Click

Clack

Click

Clack

With the sun setting in the background, the cars driving by, all the footsteps and chatter of all the people, everything seemed peaceful. One might even say too peaceful. However not everyone thought like that. Especially a 14 year girl with [h/c] hair skipping by the edge of a river. At least, not anymore.

She was skipping by the edge of a river -as I've previously mentioned- with an older man behind her. I suppose you could say they're colleagues, anyway they were previously gathering information until the second man she was with randomly decided to jump in the river.

So here they are now, following the river in hopes of finding him. However neither of them seemed even the least bit worried. In fact the girl was skipping happily humming to herself with a smile on her face.

For being 14, she was quite childish, but could be serious when she needed to be. She has never been so happy until these past four years of her life. Not until she escaped, but that's a story for a later time.

Anyways, as I was saying, she and her colleague -who was looking down at his green notebook angrily grumbling to himself- were looking for their other colleague. After a few minutes of walking, or in her case, skipping, she took a final skip and looked across the river.

There he was! Their second colleague! She smiled and turned her head to the man she was with. She ran to him since he was a bit far behind her, but not too far that he couldn't keep an eye on her. She ran to him and dragged him by the hand over to the spot where she spotted their missing colleague. He was yelling at her and telling her to stop but she kept pulling him anyway.

"Look, Kunikida! Look!" She pointed across the river to their college. That's when she noticed a second person there too. She couldn't see them properly but she could tell they were a male. She could also tell he had some ripped up clothes. They seemed to be talking to each other.

She was knocked out of her trance when Kunikida started yelling.

"There you are, you troublesome blockhead!" She looked up at him and back across the river. She smiled widely and started waving intensely at her colleague across the river.

"Hi Dazai! Look, we found you!" She yelled while still waving and put her other hand up to her mouth to make her yells seem louder.

"Oh hey, you found me. Nice work Kunikida! You too [Y/n]!" He waved back at them.

The girl stopped waving and put her hands folded behind her and smiled. The light of the sunset reflected off her [h/c] hair..

"Nice work?! And just who caused all this work you suicidal maniac?! I've had enough of this!" Kunikida had his arm crossed in front of him, "Do you realize how often you disrupt my schedule with your shenanigans?!"

"Hey I know! I just had a great idea, he's a colleague of mine from work, let's have him treat you to a meal." Dazai offered the boy in front of him and completely blew off Kunikida's words.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?!" Kunikida yelled again.

"So tell me, what's your name?" Dazai asked the boy. He flinched at the sudden question, but answered anyway.

"Atsushi.. Nakajima, sir." He answered hesitantly, looking back at him.

"Very good. Why don't you come with me Atsushi, what would you like to eat?"