Volume 1; Chap 3.1

*Slam*

"I…I…I'm really sorry!"

You were all in the cafe downstairs from the Agency and Junichiro had his hands on the table and bowed his head to Atsushi who was sitting across from him.

"I knew it was for a test, but I was still really rude to you. I'm sort of an assistant here at the Agency. My name is Junichiro Tanizaki. Can you ever forgive me?" Junichiro lifted his head up to look at Atsushi.

Tanizaki Junichiro
Ability: Light Snow

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Atsushi had his hands up, he also looked sorta nervous.

You were sitting next to Dazai and Kunikida was on the other side of him digging his foot in Dazai's torso.

"And this here is," Junichiro was about to introduce the girl next to him before she threw herself on him.

"His little sister, Naomi!"

Atsushi deadpanned. "You..you two are brother and sister? For some reason I thought you had a different relationship."

"Oh, you think I'm lying?" Naomi led her hand lower and lower on Junichiro. "There's absolutely no doubt that we're related to each other, none at all." She then put her hand up his shirt. "The two of us are more similar than you think~ right big brother?"

Atsushi stares at them confused.

"You'll leave this subject alone if you know what's good for you." Kunikida warned. "Listen closely, kid. Now that you have joined our ranks, you should try to act accordingly. Unlike some people here I could mention!" He yelled that last part, gesturing to the Tanzaki siblings.

"I work to uphold the Agency's good name. We are all committed to that goal, well at least some of us are. Right, Dazai?" Kunikida turned to Dazai only to see him with the waitress' hand in his.

You were sitting next to him eating your favorite pastry. You turned your head to look at him with your mouth slightly open.

"Would you strangle me with these beautiful, delicate fingers, young miss?"

Kunikida stomped over to him and smacked Dazai on the back of the head hard enough to knock Dazai's head on the counter.

"Were you listening to a single word I just said?!" My hands might not be as nice as hers, but if you're looking for someone to break your neck, I think that honor should go to me, wouldn't you say?!"

"I was wondering…" Atsushi spoke up as Kunikida was strangling Dazai, "Where were the two of you doing before you joined the Agency?"

Dazai and Kunikida snapped their heads towards him which made Atsushi jolt up. Even you were interested in this conversation now.

"No big deal, I was just curious, is all." Atsushi smiled sheepishly.

"Take a guess." Dazai and Kunikida were now seated and looking towards Atsushi. You turned your chair to properly look at Atsushi.

"It's a game. We've played it a lot here, actually." Dazai explained.

"Yea! It's when a new member tries to guess their colleagues' former professions!" You explained further, "I love this game!" You said with stars in your eyes.

"Think of it as training to be a professional investigator." Dazai suggested.

"Hmm…" Atsushi looked towards Junichiro and Naomi first, "I wanna say Junichiro and Naomi were…students?"

"Woah, you got it, nice one." Junichiro said impressed.

"How did you figure that one out?" Naomi asked.