Volume 1; Chap 3.2

Back at the Agency you were all sitting across from the client. Well, some were standing. You were standing between Kunikida and Dazai with your hands behind your back.

"Now then, you mentioned wanting to request an investigation, but what matter of investigation are we speaking of here?" Junichiro asked.

"Beautiful…" Dazai was now kneeling in front of the client with her hand in his, "You're a lady as ephemeral and elegant as a lotus blossom. Would you care to join me in a double suici-" before Dazai could finish his sentence, Kunikida sent him flying across the room.

You didn't even notice Dazai leaving your side until he started flirting with the client. You had to admit, she was really pretty. She had short blonde hair that framed her face, and brown eyes.

Her face held a mixture of shock and confusion with what she just witnessed.

Kunikida sighed and started walking towards Dazai. "Allow me to apologize for the distraction. Please continue on, I'll take care of this." The door shut after he said that and dragged Dazai in the room across from where you were sitting.

You then heard Kunikida yelling, slapping, and screams from Dazai.

"Please let me expand a little on my request." The client asked. Everyone turned to her, still sweat dropping at the sudden scene.

"Oh, of..course." Junichiro responded.

"You see…there's recently been a group of city looking individuals loitering in the back alley of my company building." She explained.

"Could you give us more details?"

"They wear clothes that are very old and tattered. We've heard some of them speaking in a foreign language, but none of us can identify it." The client further explained.

Then the door to the room in which Kunikida and Dazai were in, suddenly opened.

"If I had to guess, I'd say they sound a lot like smugglers." Out came Kunikida and Dazai in the room on the floor stretching his hand out before the door closed.

"They're unavoidable in a port town like this. With their numbers, the police can't do much to stop them." Kunikida walked over to where you were all seated.

"Right..if we had some evidence that they're running afoul of the law… we could shut them down for good. That's why…" she looked over at Kunikida.

"You want us to get that evidence for you" Kunikida finished her sentence. "Right? Hey kid, " Atsushi looked over at Kunikida," you're on point."

Atsushi jolted up and looked at Kunikida in utter shock.

"Relax, it'll be a simple steak out job. Smugglers are rarely violent. So you just need to keep watch in case they make a break for it. It's really the perfect first job for a rookie." Kunikida explained.

"Yea but…"

"Junichiro, [Y/n]" you and Junichiro looked at Kunikida, "I want you to accompany him."

"If big brother's going, then there's no way I'm staying behind~" Naomi sang as she threw herself on Junichiro from behind.

▏°*⋆~ ❀ ~⋆*°  ▏

Atsushi was packing a kit for investigation. He had a nervous look on his face.

"Hey, kid," Kunikida knocked Atsushi out of his trance, "you think I was about to leave you high 'n dry like that?" Kunikida questioned.

You were sitting at Kunikida's desk spinning in his chair waiting for Atsushi, Junichiro, and Naomi. Dazai was sitting across from you with his head on the desk and his headphones on.