Volume 1; Chap 2.1

You woke up in your bed with the blanket over you. You remembered about the events of the day prior. With Atsushi and his newly discovered ability.

You slowly got up and threw the cover off of you. You looked down at your legs and saw them covered in bandages.

'Ah yes, that's right. I almost died.'

You shrugged it off and got started with your morning routine, plus changing your bandages.

After your morning routine you changed to casual clothes which consisted of a black short-sleeve shirt and a pair of overalls with a grey sweater that you didn't zip up. [Change it if you'd like]

You got your satchel bag and put your phone, wallet, and some extra stuff in there 'cause why not.

You left your room and closed the door behind you. You walked into the living room and saw Dazai sitting at the table behind the couch. He was drinking some coffee and reading his book, 'Complete Guide to Suicide'.

When he sensed your presence, he looked over at you as you grabbed an apple from the fridge and washed it.

"Oh, you're awake. I was just about to go check on you." He closed his book and handed you a packet of papers next to him as you sat down.

"Here. Go over this script and try to memorize as much as you can."

You grabbed the papers as you took a bite of your apple and went over it.  "What's this for?" You asked.

"After you went to sleep last night, I went to the Agency for an hour or so. That's a script we threw together for Atsushi's entrance exam." He explained.

"Oh, I see. So we're doing this today?" You asked taking another bite of the apple.

"That's right. We need to go as soon as possible. We're going to go pick up Atsushi and take him to the Agency." He finished his coffee and placed the cup in the sink.

"Hm…ok! I think I got it!" You stood up and turned to Dazai.

"You sure? We still have a bit of time left." He looked over at you with his hands in his pockets.

You swallowed the piece of apple you were chewing on and nodded with determination.

"Alright, if you say so. Let's go then." He started walking to the door and you trailed after him still with the apple.

He opened the door and you walked out first Dazai then followed and locked the door behind him, then you two were on your way.

▏°*⋆~ ❀ ~⋆*°  ▏

By the time you arrived at the apartment in which Atsushi was currently staying, you had finished the apple and only had the core in hand.

You saw a nearby trash can so you walked over to it and dropped the core in it. When you walked back you saw Dazai in a barrel with his feet sticking out.

You walked over to him, leaned on the barrel and asked what had happened. He told you he got in himself and tried to kill himself but later discovered this was a form of torture.

You chuckled at his attempt.

"Alright alright, you had your laugh, now if you don't mind I would appreciate a little help!" He complained as he sank lower in the barrel.

You had your final laugh and nodded at him as you got ready to help. You inspected it a little before cracking your knuckles and attempted to push the barrel. You couldn't push the barrel. It was too heavy.

"Um, not to hurry you [Y/n], but this is really starting to get painful..I'm going to break in half!" He was getting impatient and so were you.

"C-Can't you see..I'm trying?!" You grunted as you kept trying to push the barrel over. Eventually you gave up. "Alright, I can't do it. We need to find another way." You put your hands in your pockets.