Volume 1; Chap 7.1

"Speed: 20 Knots. Heading out to open sea."

Kunikida rode on the speedboat chasing after that large ship that currently carries Atsushi and [Y/n].

"Don't you die on me, kids."

▏°*⋆~ ❀ ~⋆*° ▏

Chuuya threw his coat off of him before he ran towards Dazai and threw multiple punches, all of which Dazai avoided.

Dazai grabbed Chuuya's wrist when the ginger aimed for his face and punched him in the stomach.

"You call that a punch?!" Chuuya growled as he kicked Dazai in the stomach which sent the brunet flying to the wall.

Dazai groaned as he fell to the ground.

"That wasn't even a massage. Your martial art skills are below average for the Port Mafia. It doesn't even matter that I can't use my ability against you." Chuuya spoke with his hands in his pockets and his head tilted down so his hat covered his eyes.

"Now get up, the party's only just getting started." Chuuya demanded as he lifted his head.

"Eheh, you always were the best with hand to hand combat." Dazai said as he jumped on his feet while still kneeling on the ground. "I thought my arm would get destroyed there." Dazai said as he stretched his arms.

'He blocked my strike at the last second. He must've predicted it.' Chuuya glared daggers at Dazai, who was now standing straight with his hands in his pockets.

"We've known each other for a long time. I'm very familiar with your moves, pacing, and behavior. That's what made me a great partner, right?" Dazai asked.

Chuuya still glared as he suddenly sped towards Dazai at an amazing speed, even Dazai was caught off guard.

"Then I bet you saw this coming too, didn't you?!" Chuuya yelled as he punched Dazai across the face.

"Watch closely now! This is how you punch!" Chuuya yelled as he punched Dazai on the stomach and gripped his neck against the wall.

"Did you really think you could predict all of my moves?" Chuuya got out his knife and pointed it to Dazai's neck.

"Before I kill you, why did you let yourself get caught? What the hell were you waiting here for?" Chuuya interrogated.

Dazai stayed silent.

"Not talking huh? Alright, I'll just enjoy torturing you a bit more." Chuuya threatened as he slowly created the knife closer to Dazai's neck.

"The main reason," Dazai began, "was for Atsushi.

Chuuya furrowed his eyebrows, "Atsushi?"

"The weretiger you're all obsessed with. I wanted to know who was responsible for putting the 7 billion price tag on his head." Dazai answered.

"You put your own life on the line just for that? Heh, I'd like to say that's a real feel-good story there but look where you ended up." Chuuya responded. "Seems even a genius like you, the youngest executive in Mafia history, can screw up. I guess lady luck isn't on your side today. It just so happens I caught you on the very day I return from putting out fires in the west. Huh, lady luck must be on my side."

Dazai smirked lightly.

"What's so funny?" Chuuya growled.

"You should probably know this, tomorrow, the five execs are meeting." Dazai answered.

"Impossible..!" Chuuya took the knife away from Dazai's neck, "They only meet to make decisions about the future of the organization, critical decisions. And that only happens every few years. If that was happening tomorrow, I would know about it."