Volume 1; Chap 2.2

"Uhhh…"

"What? What's your question? The Agency's on the 4th floor."

You were all now entering the Agency to where this 'mad-bomber is. Atsushi seemed quite uncomfortable and confused.

"No I wasn't thinking about that, I was more, well-"

Dazai interrupted him before he could continue, "Let's take the stairs, to be safe."

"E-excuse me, it's just-"

"Be quiet!"

Atsushi apologized to Kunikida. You all walked slowly closer and closer to the door that leads to the Agency office.

"Atsushi, it's showtime."

"I-It is?"

You all quickly snuck in and hid behind some plants while the 'mad-bomber' rambled about something being the Agency's fault.

He asked to see the president and threatened to blow up the Agency along with everyone in it. You, Atsushi, Kunikida, and Dazai all watched from behind the bush.

"Sounds like this guy has a personal grudge." Dazai guessed. "That's inconvenient."

"Agreed." Kunikida whispered.

"We're all gonna die.." you whispered just loud enough for them to hear.

"Why'd you bring me here again?" Atsushi asked hesitantly.

"Based on what he's saying, the bomber seems furious at the Agency."

"Honestly, I don't think I can help you, may I go now?" Atsushi kept asking but you just kept ignoring.

"Because of the work we do, we attract a lot of ill will."

"Did you hear what I said?"

"That is a military grade high level explosive. If the bomber acts on his threat, and detonates it, it'll kill us and destroy the whole floor"

"We're all gonna die.." you whispered again.

"We may be able to reduce the force of the blast if we can find something to cover the bomb before it detonates. But given the circumstances, since he took her hostage, he's not only mad, he's cruel." Dazai explained.

"Do you know who she is?" Atsushi asked.

"That's Naomi, she works here as a part-time office assistant." You answered back.

"She's not even an agent?" Atsushi asked, shocked. "Then she's just an innocent victim in this terrible mess."

"So what'll we do?" Kunikida asked Dazai.

"He wants to see the president, bring him here."

"Are you insane? He'll try to kill the president!" Kunikida whisper-yelled back. "We can't let the boss walk into a situation like this! Plus he's off on a business trip."

"Right, I forgot. Then there's only one option." Dazai put his hand up and Kunikida mirrored his actions.

You watched with stars in your eyes and your knees pulled up to your chest. Atsushi saw their actions and your face and thought Dazai and Kunikida were going to use their abilities.

After a couple seconds, Atsushi was shocked to see that they started playing Rock-Paper-Scissors. He looked back at you to see your reaction and saw the same face of excitement. You were just excited to see who'd win.

After a few rounds Dazai ended up winning. You and Dazai laughed as Kunikida got mad and Dazai did his noodle arm thing.

Kunikida revealed himself to the bomber and the bomber jolted at the sudden voice.