Going home

(3rd pov)

The next say the brother's were getting ready to go. Everyone was silent, especially Zero. It was normal for her to be but today it seemed a bit more serious.

She didn't pay attention to anything even when Tsubaki and Kaname threatened to hug her.

She just put her bags in the car and waited for the others. "I'm worried Ukyo-nii" Ema admitted as she stared at Zero who was leaning on a nearby tree with a blank look.

Ukyo sighed as he took the bags Ema was holding. "We can only wait for her." he said. Natsume came up behind Ema and patted her head making her look up at him.

"Don't worry she'll recover, she's strong." he told her with a slight smile making her smile in return. He blushed and removed his hand while moving away.

Louis approached Zero with a smile. "Hello Zero-nee did you get all your bags?" he asked her. Zero was unresponsive, not even making a sign. He put on a sad look but then forced on a smile.

"We'll be leaving soon, make sure you don't forget anything" he told her before walking away. Zero sighed to herself.

She wasn't able to get over those visions from yesterday. Last night she was haunted by them too.

She got off the tree and walked to the nearest car until a loud shout stopped her. She turned to see Rin running over. "What the hell is he doing here?" Yusuke asked annoyed while Kaname bonked his head.

Rin had a duffle bag strapped around his chest as he bent over by Zero. "What are you doing?" Zero asked lowly so only he heard. Rin looked up and stood up straight.

"A thank you would be nice? Do you want another hug?" he teased as he went to hug her but only got punched in the stomach while Zero's eyebrow twitched.

"You're pissing me off." she growled while he laughed while holding his stomach. "Why are you laughing?" she hissed. "I'm glad, it seems you're back to normal. I was kind of worried" he said sheepishly.

Zero was slightly moved by his concern but looked down so he couldn't see her expression.

"why are you here?" she asked him. "I decided to go back home. And i was wondering if i could get a ride." he asked sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck.

Before Zero could properly answer him Yusuke jumped in. "Hell No! You're with the yazuka!" He retorted while pointing at Rin who had a slightly annoyed look, still angry about the last time when they had properly talked to each other.

"Not anymore idiot. I decided to go back home, but i need a ride" Rin answered in a not so friendly tone. "And why the hell would we-" Yusuke was cut off by Azusa who slapped him in the back of the head in attempt to keep him quiet.

"Where do you live?" Ukyo asked with his arms crossed. "Same place you're going." Rin said sternly with a serious face.

Ukyo thought about it before coming up with a solution. "Zero-nee, since he's your friend you can decide," he said. Zero glanced back at him before looking at Rin.

Yusuke and Subaru as well as the other brother's who weren't mature enough prayed that she'd say no but she did the exact opposite.

She shrugged her shoulders with a short nod. Yusuke growled while he was held back by Masaomi. Rin sent him a smug look before helping load everything up. Masaomi drove one car while Yusuke sat beside him and Rin sat in the middle of Subaru and Zero.

The car ride was somewhat silent as Yusuke continued to send glares at Rin. Rin got irritated half way through the ride and sent him a fake closed eye smile.

"If you don't stop staring at me, I'll slap you." he said nonchalantly. "Eh! Where the hell did that come from! You piss me off so much you bastard!" Yusuke yelled angrily.

"Yusuke stop yelling!" Masaomi demanded while Rin and Yusuke kept going at it. Subaru tried to help obtain order but it was near impossible as the two bickered like two 5 year old.

Zero stared out the window as she zoned out of their screaming, but her phone broke their fighting. She picked it up and answered the person.

"Hm?" she hummed into the phone not wanting to talk to much since the brother's concentration was only on her at the moment.

Lily was on the other side of the phone telling her that she had to come over for her birthday. "You're coming back right? We'll do it Next week Friday since your birthday is on Saturday. We'd do it then but i have a huge car project." Lily said apologetically.

"It's okay," Zero muttered quietly.

"Well hope you get back soon. The little squirt misses you!" Lily said with a smile on her face. "See you late Zero!"

"Bye." and with that Zero hung up the phone while the siblings stared at her only blinking twice. Zero clicked her tongue annoyed as she turned away from the starring eyes.

"Was that Lily?" Rin asked with a serious voice. Zero glanced at him before looking back at the window. "Yea." she whispered.

Rin smiled slightly as he sat back in his chair while playing with his hands. Yusuke was confused about what was going on but turned back in the front deciding to leave it alone.