Christmas Eve

(Zero's pov) 

The next day was hectic. Scolding from everyone pretty much summed up my evening. Of course I just stayed silent and allowed it all to pass over. Ema and Yuusuke both freaked out about my injured hand but I simply brushed them off.

Kousuke was the main one who pissed me off with his clingy and childlike attitude. He ended up getting a punch in the face from me. My phone was full of voice messages and texts. All of them angry of course. 

When it became lunch I was quick to escape and head to the roof to breathe. On top of my personal hectic life, Christmas is coming up. The entire school was putting up decorations in anticipation of it. 

Honestly, it didn't seem that long ago but I guess it really has been a year already. I was going to stop by the hospital like I did every year, but sadly those idiots might follow. I wasn't looking forward to this Christmas. 

I allowed the cool breeze to hit my face once I stood outside near the fence of the roof top with my eyes closed. It felt so good. The air was crisp and the silence was the only thing I wanted right now. 

'I'm so tired....' I thought to myself. "Z-Zero-sama!" A loud call for me broke the silence that I was thoroughly enjoying. I irritably turned around to see a nervous boy who looked like a nerd. I mentally clicked my tongue in annoyance. 

'He looks like he's going to wet himself.' 

"I...I" the boy nervously started off, not looking me in the eye. "I WantedToGiveYouAPrresent! PleaseAcceptItAlongWithMyFeelings!" He said in a rush blur while holding out a blue wrapped box with his head bowed. 

I blinked blankly at him as I tried processing the situation. 

"I don't want it." I stated coldly making him flinch back before standing up with a downcast facial expression. "B-But..."

"If presents are the way you express your love for someone then I don't want it." I added again in a colder voice. He looked down while holding the present tight to his chest. "I-I see....sorry for the disturbance." He apologized sadly before turning around and walking away. 

I watched him leave in total silence before closing the door behind him.