Homework

(Zero's pov) 

I calmly ran my hand through my newly cut short hair that fell to my shoulders while I walked down my hall to go to the elevator. We finally returned to our home and everything was back to normal. 

We returned yesterday and Rin is now back home. 

~Flashback~

"Bye Bye~!" Rin waved idiotically as we got ready to leave the apartment. On our way home, Rin refused to tell Masaomi where he lived and I wasn't about to talk. He demanded that he'd be shown our residence. 

The others were irritated by his childish act, but nevertheless, he got the full tour. 

When we were finished he asked me to walk him to his home and I agreed. "Honestly.." I muttered irritably as Yusuke started a last minute argument with him. 

I pulled Rin by his ear and forcefully dragged him behind me. "Be back in time for dinner Zero!" Ukyo shouted as we walked down the walk way. "Ne~, why couldn't I go with Zero-nee!!" Tsubaki and Hikaru whined simultaneously. 

That was the last I heard before we turned the corner and I released Rin. "Geez you didn't have to pull so hard," He pouted while rubbing his ear. 

"Shut up idiot. You're lucky I don't just let you walk your own ass there," I responded coldly. He didn't respond as we quietly walked down. He'd try to make small talk but I'd order him to shut up. 

Soon we arrived at the familiar junk yard. We both stood outside, looking at the old tattered sign. "So she's still running the business huh," Rin said rhetorically. I didn't respond. I stared straight while RIn kept looking at the sign. 

He released a sigh before looking at the path before him and pulling his duffle bag up to be more comfortable on his shoulder. 

"What do yo think she'll do?" He asked me while looking down. "Probably hit you in the face, start crying then hug you" I predicted. He let out a short laugh before looking at me. 

"Thank you for getting me home." He said gratefully. I sent him a side glance, but not saying anything. He then let out another nervous breath before walking forward. I quietly watched as he approached the office. 

When he got there he knocked on the door. "Coming!" I heard Lily's faint voice yell before she opened the door. I saw her eyes widen as she stared at Rin who nervously said something. 

Her expression was unreadable, but like I said, she punched him hard in the face. He stumbled backward slightly while dropping his bag. Salty tears ran down her face before throwing her arms around his neck and pulling him close. 

I could hear her hysterical crying as well as Rin's. Soon Raito came running out to see what the commotion was about and when he saw Rin he started crying to.