Chapter 3

Today was the day I'd be leaving for Hogwarts with the one person I care most about, Draco Malfoy. On the train, I didn't care that Draco was with Crabbe and Goyle, as they were his best friends. I was with Millicent and Pansy anyways.

"Did you find out about the letter?" Pansy asked me, poking my side.

"Which one?" I asked, pushing her hand away.

"The one your mum wanted you to give to Dracos parents" Pansy said. Millicent gave me a look, she had very well not been told about anything lately, as she hadn't talked to Pansy nor I much.

"Oh.. yeah. The other day, actually"

"So what was it about?"

"I'll tell you later. We're almost there, we should change into our robes" I said, changing the subject as quick as I could. All three of us went to change, and when we came back, Pansy was already throwing questions at me.

"What was it?" Was the main thing she was asking, next to "where's Draco?" And "are you two together? You've been spending a lot of time near each other."

It was honestly getting on my nerves, and each time she asked a question, I would either ignore her, look at Millicent, or mention something else. When we arrived at Hogwarts, I tried my best to get away from Pansy. I made my way to the front of the large group of First Years by pushing through small gaps. We then were led to the Hogwarts Castle on these magic boats, which was just "soo" cool. The only thing I thought was cool was the fact that I'd, even if expected, was actually to be a student at the school.

After we were on the staircase that was in front of the Great Hall doors, Professor McGonagall started speaking. She told us what would come when we entered the Great Hall. I looked around me, saw Pansy in the middle of the staircase, surrounded with her friends and Millicent standing next to her. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and a girl I didn't recognize stood together to my right, and to my left was Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise Zabini, and Draco. Then, we walked into the Great Hall, where I stood next to Draco and Blaise.

"I hope we're all in Slytherin together" Blaise said, looking forward at the Sorting Hat.

"There's no doubt about that. We'll all have to be in Slytherin, knowing ourselves. Besides, if I were in anything but Slytherin, I'd leave. Wouldn't you?" I said, crossing my arms and looking at Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Obviously. Except, if I were put into Ravenclaw, I'd be able to cope. Maybe" Draco said, briefly touching my hand as he walked up when his name was called.

I watched as the Sorting Hat had barely touched his head when in yelled "SLYTHERIN." He smirked, anyone who knew him knew he'd be in Slytherin. Next, it was me. Nervously, I walked up and took a seat and the Sorting Hat was placed on my head. It took what seemed like forever until it eventually yelled out "SLYTHERIN." It was debating whether to sort me into Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Eventually, I guessed it had decided to fall with my family's past and sort me into Slytherin, where everyone else in my family had been, after it took the consideration the greatness my family had done there.

I walked happily over to the Slytherin table, where people yelling their happiness for having another member. More of mine and Dracos friends were called up and sorted. Pansy was sorted to Slytherin, followed by Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise. Millicent was sorted into Ravenclaw, and Pansy wasn't too excited about that. Then again, neither was I, and I'd have rather it be the other way around. Pansy in Ravenclaw, and Millicent in Slytherin.

"She can consult Dumbledore abut switching houses can't she?" Pansy rambled on.

Though, not to my surprise, nobody was listening to her. Dumbledore silenced the houses and began to speak. When he was done, the feast had appeared, and everyone had begun to eat.