Chapter 10

It was dinner time after I had apologized to Snape. Draco and I were to sit next to each other, with Millicent to my right, Draco to my left. Lucius and Narcissa would sit across from us, my parents a few seats down.

"What if they mention your parents? They won't remember" Millicent whispered to me.

I shrugged, "I can explain it to Narcissa later, and she can explain it to Lucius" I whispered back, looking at her from the corner of my eye.

Bellatrix stood up, and there were a few mumbles from the table. "Before we all eat, I'd like to make a... small speech" she started, "alright here it is, I'd like to congratulate Draco, and his beautiful young lady, Tabitha Bane, on their.. relationship" she said, hesitating on the word relationship.

There were a few glances our way from people we both knew and didn't know. Narcissa then looked at Draco and I before saying, "lets eat". Everyone started eating, groups of people near each other making small conversation. After twenty minutes of talking and eating, everyone went back into the large ballroom. Instead of standing with our like before, Draco and I were being crowded by family friends.

Margo Finnegan and her mum were one of the people who had came up to talk to us. Margo wasn't as annoying as the day I met her in Knockturn alley, considering she knew me now, and I knew her. Well, sort of. Margo, Draco and I stood talking for what seemed like forever. The ball wouldn't end until eleven o clock, ten thirty at the earliest. When ten thirty came, Lucius and Narcissa had put out drinks.

"Let's go get a drink, Draco" I said when his parents set out the drinks.

"They're for the adults silly" he said, "my parents wouldn't let us have them."

"But," I started "its our night, right? We're the thing, right? Besides, I have Bellatrix and Sirius, I'm sure one of them will get a drink for us" I said, trying my hardest to convince Draco to go get a drink with me.

"Maybe later" Draco said, taking my hand and leading me up the staircase nearest to us.

He led me up to the very top floor, and we walked through a large French door. We were standing on the balcony, looking out over the area surrounding us as the ball went on downstairs. Occasionally, I'd see Draco look at me and smile from the corner of my eye.

** after the ball was over **

Draco and I were in his room, laying on his bed in our pyjamas. As usual, I was in shorts and a tank top, and Draco shirtless. We didn't talk, but instead, lay there silently, pressed against one another. The two of us were there silently for about an hour before I spoke up.

"Do you want to go to Borgin and Burkes with me tomorrow?"

"Why would you want to go there, Tabitha?"

"I've had my eye on a necklace there" I said, looking up at him.

"The cursed one? Why would you want that thing?" He asked, "not planning to use it on me are you?"

I smiled at the statement, "yeah, the cursed one, and I don't know, maybe because it could be useful someday. And, Draco, of all people you'd joke that I'd use it on you? There isn't even a logical explanation for that, kill or torture the one person I've loved since I met him?"

He laughed, "I know. I just wanted to hear you get technical."

"I'm not that smart" I countered, placing my head back on his chest and putting my hand on his stomach.

"You are smart, you're the top of all your classes" Draco said, leaving me quiet because I knew I had no come back.

"Ok ok, you win. But I'm still going to Borgin and Burkes to get that necklace, even if you don't come with me."