Chapter 8

I was laying in my bed in the guest room when I found out the news. My parents weren't coming back. Ever. They hadn't died, but apparently they'd found a better life in Romania, according to the letter I got from the Ministry of Magic. It hadn't been Lucius that gave me the news this time, but an owl that was sent from the Ministry, specifically to find me.

'Dear Tabitha Bane,

I have received news that your parents will not be returning home. As I was told (by a letter sent from them) they have "found a better life in Romania" and wish to not return back home. We have gotten notice, from Lucius Malfoy himself, that you will be staying with the Malfoys and their son. As, I quote, "it will also provide a chance to let you and Draco bond more, as you two are getting married". With that being said, I wish you two the best.

Sincerely,
Cornelius Fudge (Minister of Magic)'

Right after I read the letter, I tore it up and threw the pieces into the fire in my room. Once again, I wasn't good enough to hear the words from my own parents letter. At the same time, I wasn't at all surprised. I was upset by the fact I couldn't use the 'obliviate' spell to wipe me from my parents life right in front of their eyes. That was what had upset me. Some would say it's horrible I'd want to do that, but I think of it as revenge for my parents actions. There was a knock on my bedroom door, and a tiny voice from a house elf.

"Miss Tabitha Malfoy, the breakfast is done, and set on the table. Please come and eat" the voice said, and I heard the tiny feet walking away.

"So even the house elves are aware I'm marrying Draco" I mumbled to myself as I carelessly went to the kitchen in my night clothes after brushing my hair and teeth. It was only a few days into Christmas break, and I had barely left my room, not wanting to ruin the Malfoy family's time together with Draco now that he was home for a month. I usually only left my room at night time, where Draco had eventually found me in the kitchen, talking to a house elf about things in life.

When I walked into the kitchen, only Draco was there, waiting for me. The room was almost dark, a little bit of light coming in from the windows and a few candles lit in the dim light.

"What is this?" I asked quietly, looking at the shirtless Draco standing in front of me.

"Breakfast. For you and I only."

"Why?" I prodded.

"Because I rarely ever see you, and it keeps me up at night, honestly. Because I only see you at night when I walk in on you talking to that house elf because there's no one up" Draco rambled on.

"You know, you didn't have to do this" I said, sitting at the table with Draco across from me.

"I know" he smiled as we began to eat, "but I wanted to have time alone with you to myself before everyone is up."

We are and talked for what seemed like forever. It had to have been a good hour before Lucius walked into the kitchen. "Look who crawled out of the dungeon finally" Lucius said jokingly.

I laughed, "good morning to you too, Mr. Malfoy."

Lucius gave me a serious look, "really, call me Lucius, you're making me feel old now. Calling me Mr. Malfoy when you're already marrying my son" he said, with a joking but serious tone.

I only smiled, knowing I didn't have to apologize. "Well, father, Tabitha and I are going to leave you to your 'leave me alone breakfast' now" Draco said, offering me his hand, which I gladly took.

Draco led me to his room, and closed the door. We sat on the couch in front of the fire in his room, where we talked.

"So why exactly haven't you left your room?" Draco asked, even if he already knew the answer.