Chapter 6

Again, I woke up early this morning. Today was the second Quidditch game, and I was excited as usual. We were going against Ravenclaw, which I admit, they were good. But they didn't have an amazing seeker like Draco or a good keeper like myself. After I got into my robes and fixed my hair, I out my Quidditch stuff on my bed.

"Father said good luck on the game today" Draco said, handing me a small note that read, 'Good luck to you and Tabitha on the game today. You guys better flatten Ravenclaw.' We were headed to Charms, as it was the first class for today. It wasn't a bad class, but Professor Flitwick only payed attention to "perfect little Mudblood Hermione Granger." All she has is books, and I don't think she knows there's more to being a witch than reading history of other witches and wizards out of large, dusty books. She can't even get into the restricted section of the library, not even with the invisibility cloak that Harry has. She's 'too good for it' Ron would say to me.

Next, we had Potions. My all time favourite class, with my favourite teacher. Not only was it my favourite class, but it was also the easiest one for me. Then, breakfast came right after potions. Next, we had Herbology. Professor Sprout had given us all ear muffs.

"They scream" Hermione had said to Ron, who was looking at the ear muffs questionably. He then nodded.

When we were all allowed to pull out the mandrakes, the ear muffs were barely enough to keep you from hearing all of the other screaming mandrakes.

"I'm starting to understand why they do this class outside in the green house" Draco said. I nodded, starting to adjust to the earsplitting shrieks.

When we were released from class, we were headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts. The one class I despised the most, if I had to chose. If there was one thing about Hogwarts I didn't understand, is why we didn't learn the Dark Arts. Yeah, yeah, some kids might use them against others, but couldn't they at least teach it if they're going to teach the Defense against it.

I was very tempted to raise my hand when Quirrel asked if anyone in the class knew any curses. Eventually, both Draco and I decided to raise or hands when nobody else would.

"Miss Bane and Mister Malfoy. You two know curses?" Professor Quirrel questioned, as if he didn't believe is.

We nodded, "yes professor."

I had heard Ron whisper to Harry about how I'd 'once' threatened an unforgivable curse against him. He told Harry to believe it, but he didn't seem to. Professor Quirrel transfigured an apple into a living rat.

"Care to show anyone?" He asked.

I looked at Draco, who shrugged. "He asked" he pointed out, "do one of them."

I went to the rat, which was on Professor Quirrels empty desk. He moved aside and gave me room to do a spell. I did the first one that popped into my head, "Avada Kedavra" I said, pointing my wand at the rat. Next thing the class knew, there was a flash of green light, and when the light went away, the rat lay dead on the desk.

Quirrel looked at me in disbelief. "How do you.." he trailed off.

"I know people" I smirked and went back to my desk, next to Draco.

"Malfoy?" Quirrel said, transfiguring another Apple into a rat.

Draco cheerfully got up from his desk and went to the place I stood when I did my spell. He pointed his wand at the rat and said "Crucio". The light of this spell was red. And the rat was crying out in pain. Draco came back to his seat beside me.

Quirrel stood, trying to say something, but he couldn't get the words out of his mouth. Hermione raised her hand.

"Yes, miss Granger?"