Chapter 13

After collecting my books from the table, Draco and I walked to Charms class, where I put my books on my desk. We then we're headed to Potions, where Draco would give Snape the large, heavy book. Why would Snape want that book anyways? He wasn't even into books, let alone one that size. I looked at the title, which was almost fully rubbed off, to where you couldn't read it. When we got to Potions, Draco placed the large book on Severus Snape's desk, and we walked out. The entire way to the Slytherin common room, I'd wondered what the book was about. Perhaps it was a potions book? Full of potions for many different things, and not just the basic ones we learned in class.

I also thought about the upcoming summer. Thinking of how I'd sort out my priorities, like clearing my manor of the trash that was there, and going to the Weasleys. I never once thought about Draco, which was odd. He was always on my mind, and for once, he just slid past my thoughts. I'd spent all night, watching Millicent as she happily talked to Pansy, who was wearing the birthday gift I'd thrown to her. When morning came, I didn't bother to go to Charms class, or even breakfast for that matter. I just stayed in my dorm, dressed in my school clothes, writing a long letter.

A long letter addressed to nobody. A long letter that I'd find myself putting into the fire later on. I had no motivation to get up out of bed that day, except for dinner. There, I sat at the very end of the table, opposite of Draco, Marcus, and the rest of the Quidditch team. Away from Pansy, who kept trying to talk to me whenever she saw me, and away from Millicent. It wasn't until Crabbe sat in front of me that I actually looked up from my plate.

"What do you want Crabbe?" I asked, sounding more rude than I had planned.

The large boy looked at me for a moment, "to ask you why you haven't been out of your dorm room all day. Even Goyle has been wondering, and you know how much you two despise each other."

"I didn't feel like leaving. The only reason I'm here now is because I haven't ate all day, and I'm hungry. So there's your answer. Tell Draco or whoever sent you over here to ask" I said after I took a bite of the chicken that was on my plate.

Crabbe just kept looking at me, and I was starting to get annoyed. "Do I need to say it again? Go back and tell whoever sent you here my answer to their pointless question. I don't care if it was Draco or Marcus or even Goyle. The question was stupid, almost as stupid as that Neville kid, and we all know how stupid he is" I snapped, but I ended up not feeling as good as I thought I would after I said it.

Marcus came over just then, "what's taking you so long? All you had to do was come down here and ask."

"He did. I answered. He just won't leave."

"Is that so?" Marcus asked, sitting next to me and glaring at Crabbe.

"Yes, she said she didn't feel like coming out, the only reason she's here is because she hasn't ate all day and was hungry. And lastly, she thinks the question was almost as stupid as Neville Longbottom, and we all know how stupid he is" Crabbe said in a mocking tone before leaving.

As he mocked me, I put my head in my hands, trying my hardest to block him, and all the voices around me out. I didn't want anyone bothering me, and the only person who really understood my rants were Bellatrix. Not even Draco, as much as he seemed to care. That's right, he seemed to care. He didn't, did he? No. Stop thinking like this.

"Stop. Stop thinking. You overthink. You're overthinking" I quietly spoke to myself, hoping Marcus wouldn't hear.

I felt a person sit down on my other side, and I groaned.

"I think she's gone mad. She's talking to herself" Marcus whispered to the person, who I assumed was either Draco or Goyle.

"Mad? She wouldn't. Probably just overthinking. She does that often, when she's stressed about something" the boy said. I recognized the voice to be Draco.