Chapter 4

We were in the common room, Draco and I, sitting across from one another on the same couch. At the moment, I was telling him about earlier this morning, when I had went to Potions early to talk to Severus. I told him about how Quirrel seemed irritated that I was there, and it wasn't the fact that I was helping set up the class, it was my presence. That Quirrel seemed angry, even when I was in the back room, where Severus had told me to go to where I couldn't hear what they were talking about. And how I could see the look on Quirrel's face when I would look out of the corner of my eye when I was sorting potions the older students had made.

Draco had looked at me, blankly. "You think that stuttering Quirrel is up to something?"

"Well, sort of, I mean, think of Voldemort-"

"DONT SAY HIS NAME!" Blaise yelled, coming towards us, his voice making me jump slightly.

"Really Blaise, you do ruin everything" Draco said, laying out on the couch and pulling me into his arms.

"But really, think of Voldemort, I mean he's really nice to us, and to some others" I whispered to Draco.

"I guess that's true" he sighed.

Blaise stared at us momentarily, "why don't you two date or something. You clearly like each other."

I was tired of hearing it. Really tired. Yeah, it'd be nice if he asked me out, and deep down I wanted him to. "Because... because.. Ugh, I don't know" I gave up on the words, and sighed.

"Really, you should date if you aren't already" Pansy angrily spoke. Well that's great, two people that absolutely hate me in the same room as me at the same time. I was about to sit up when Draco easily pulled me back into his arms with little effort.

Pansy glared at us. It was obvious she liked Draco, she always has. She didn't like the idea of the entire situation at all, about the arranged marriage, she was told by Goyle. I could feel Draco smile, he liked me, sure, but he wasn't going to ask me out. Pansy, I thought, still has a chance to take him, and honestly, it was a hundred times more open than I was about anything. That's not really saying a lot, coming from me, but either way, she could take him from me right now if she wanted. All it took was six small words, 'will you go out with me,' but I knew it wouldn't happen. The girl rarely ever asks the guy, and Draco was fixed on me anyways.

"I'm going to bed, I've got to visit Severus in the morning, and we have flying lessons first thing tomorrow morning too" I said, looking at Draco after I spoke.

"Stay with me" he said.

"But there's people here, Draco" I said sharply.

"So? what can they do, tell our parents? Headmaster? Or Snape?"

He made a valid point. "Fine, I'll stay" I said defeatedly.

Blaise and Pansy went to bed before Draco and I, and once the two left, I closed my eyes. I fell asleep quickly, and didn't wake up after that. The warmth of Draco against my body was enough to keep me warm overnight in the cool, sometimes freezing, common room.

** (early) next morning **

Draco woke me up early the next morning, to be sure we were the only two up, and to be sure I got to talk to Severus before flying lessons. Draco had insisted on coming with me to see Severus Snape, and I didn't refuse.

"You know, I don't see why we aren't allowed to bring our own brooms" Draco said as we walked quickly to Snape's classroom.

"Because of that stupid 'no first years allowed on the Quidditch team' rule probably" I said, "or to keep us at the same pace as the others. Which is pointless because we've had enough practice already."