Chapter 12

The school year may as well have been over by now, with the last Quiddith game won. We won, of course. Extra practice pays off. We were now ahead of HufflePuff with the 250 points from the Quidditch game yesterday. Now, it was up to any points all four of the houses could get while OWL's were going on the next few days.

During OWL's we got new quills, ones with spells on them so we couldn't cheat on our test. Our Professors even had us try that out before testing started, so no one would do it during OWL's. The tests weren't as hard as the professors and older students said they'd be. But that's not counting the fact that the older students are well, older, so their OWL's are probably pretty hard. According to Severus, we also had entrance exams, to see what we could remember from this year when we got back to Hogwarts for our Second Year.

During dinner, I kept to myself, thinking of how long it would take me to take all the pictures of me and my parents down from the walls. Of course, I would keep the ones of my aunts, uncles, and other family members I kept in contact with still, and of my past family I didn't know, or had died. I figured it would take at least a month, without help from the house elves. But I also decided they'd find a way to get the photos and paintings that were high up off too.

I had wondered if the levitation spell would work on that, so after dinner, I decided to see Professor Flitwick about it.

"Excuse me, Professor? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course miss Bane!" The cheerful professor said to me.

"Could I use the levitation spell to get photos and paintings off of a wall that's high up?" I asked, feeling stupid as ever.

"Why yes, that works, but focus when you do it, you don't want to lose concentration and break everything" professor Flitwick said to me. "Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you, professor! Have a good night!" I said, walking out of the classroom and to the library with my books.

OWL's were going to last all week, and today was only the second day of testing. So I was still helping Ron study late night. When I got into the library, I walked to the tables in the back near the restricted section. This was where Ron and I usually met up. I was still early, so I started flipping through my potions book, finding potions that Ron had failed to make during class throughout the year. The first one I came across was a Sleeping Draught potion, so I pushed the book aside, leaving it open to the page. When I looked up to grab my Charms book, I saw something in the light of the restricted section. It was a person. The person came closer, not noticing I was there.

It wasn't until the person was a few mere steps away that I realized who it was. Draco. I decided to ignore his presence and go back to opening my Charms book. Ron sat down s few moments later, late.

"Bloody hell! Sorry I'm late Tabitha! That stupid owl of yours wouldn't leave me alone until I read your response to the letter my mum sent you!" Ron said, turning on another lamp.

I looked up from the Charms book, "it's fine, start looking over that potion, I know you have trouble with that one" I said, pushing the potions book towards him.

Ron gladly took the book and started reading over the potion while I looked through the Charm book to find a charm he had trouble with. From the corner of my eye, I could see Draco watching me as I flipped through the pages, muttering the names of the spells to myself, but I ignored his presence once again. When I found the Fire-making spell, I put the book aside, leaving it open, and I looked up at Ron.

"When you think you've gotten that potion down, start looking over that spell" I said, and Ron quietly said ok.

When I had found my Astrology book, I had looked at Draco, who was still watching me, and I smiled at him and began to look at constellations in the book. It didn't take long for me to find a group of constellations that Ron never seemed to remember.

"Same goes for that group of constellations" I said to Ron, who was just now picking up the Charms book I had pushed towards him. I picked up my History of Magic book, and started looking through it, to find nothing Ron had trouble remembering. I out the book to my left, and began looking through my Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) book.

Draco had walked out of the Restricted Section with a book when I picked up my DADA book. He sat quietly next to me, probably knowing I'd want to walk with him back to the common room. After I had gone through all my books and left a pile of them open and stacked next to Ron, I turned to Draco.

"Why are you here?" I asked, trying not to sound rude, even though I probably did.

"Snape gave me a note, allowing me to look in the restricted section" Draco smirked, looking at the large book on his hands.

"You're not going to hold that thing the entire time, are you?"

"Why not? It's not that heavy."

"You've got to be lying" I said, picking up the large book from his hands and setting it on the table, a loud smack coming from it. "Yeah, you're definitely lying" I said, looking at him.

"Or maybe I'm just stronger than you are" he countered with a smirk.

I groaned and looked at Ron, who was looking through the last book I'd given him.

"Don't answer any of the questions I ask him, Malfoy" I said as Ron closed the book.

Draco sighed, made a pouty face, and said "okay". Which earned an eye roll from both Ron and I.

"Okay, what are the ingredients to a Sleeping Draught potion?" I asked Ron, who thought for a moment, and then named of the ingredients.

"Good. Now light this candle" I said, putting a candle in front of him.

Ron hesitated for a moment, and then said the incantation and did the movement. A few sparks came from his wand and I sighed.

"I hate to be like Hermione, but you're saying it wrong. It's inCENdio not incenDIO. You have the right movement. Try again. Because we're not moving on until you do this right" I said, crossing my arms and sitting black in my chair.

Ron tried again, and a jet of light came from his wand and lit the candle, which I then blew out. "Ok good job, now to Astrology."

Ron groaned. "Don't. Even. Start" I said sharply before asking him to name the five constellations he could never remember. He named off four of the five, and then said "I can't remember."

I looked at Draco, and then to Ron. "Think of them for a moment" I said before resting my head on Dracos shoulder. This kid was never going to learn these constellations before tomorrow.

"Ok I've got it!" Ron said, and then started to name off the constellations, this time, including the one he hadn't named before.

"Finally!" I said, "you've got it! We are done now. Go on."

-
A/N:

Sorry this chapter was on the shorter side of it. But the next chapter should be long.

-Gracesen