1.Namjoon x Reader - The Book Thief

You've been doing nothing but repeatedly trying to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear and attempt to get immersed in a new book. Sitting at your campus's library is not as easy as it originally sounded. 'Go read' they said 'have a good time' they said... yeah right. What a bunch of bs. You're having the opposite of a good time. Your hair is a mess, your entire body is a mess, your entire life is a mess - then again, what college kid's life is not a mess?

        You audibly sigh, thankful that the library is almost empty this late into the night. It closes in an hour, but you know the assistant librarian well. You know he'll sneak you into the back room. That of course, is the one and only Kim Namjoon. The man who you originally saw as the strange nerd, is now a dear friend to you. You've known him for a year now, you guys went through freshman year together, and that pretty much creates an eternal bond. 

        Speak of the devil, Namjoon spotted you a while back and hasn't greeted you yet, which is strange. He normally is always on the lookout for you, and you know he saw you - you locked eyes. You're not sure what's up with him today. You hope he comes over, you could really use some advice as to how to get immersed in a story you're not invested in. Your face falters when you think of a horrifying thought. 

Is he ignoring you?

        You look around the area, needing to scan for several seconds before your eyes fall on Namjoon, engaged in a conversation with another young college girl. You can't help but feel a pang of anger build up in your chest. You're not sure why. Truthfully, you haven't seen Namjoon joking around and talking to many other people. He's introduced you to his small group of friends, but they're all a bunch of dudes. Normally you wouldn't pay attention to his interactions in the library - after all, he's just doing his job - but this time it's different. 

        The girl doesn't seem to need help, they're just... talking. Good for him, but not for you. You grit your teeth... what is this feeling? You've never felt it before. You've known Joonie for over a year now, why have you not felt this until just now? You take a deep breath before deciding to get back into your book. You manage to read a few pages before feeling yourself drift off to thoughts of Namjoon. There was that one time where he brought over an entire bag of chips and you guys just ate and did a cram session together... there was that time where he called you every morning on his way to class while you were on your break between classes... there was also that time he geeked out when you told him you wanted to read more. Joon is just an awesome person to be around. Silly, kinda like a noodle; but fun. 

        You let out a loud groan, a little louder than you planned, but a loud one nonetheless. You want his attention. Now. That may be a little dramatic, but you've been in this library for over an hour, and he hasn't said a word to you. He hasn't even waved. He always does, especially when they're not busy. When there's no one inside, he even comes over and helps you pick out a book, or helps you study. You mark your page and close the book, leaning back in your chair. Now - how do you get Kim Namjoon's attention?

        You could fake a seizure. Wait, that's just messed up, scratch that. You could call one of your friends and talk obnoxiously loud on the phone. Your friends are either sleeping or sleeping with someone, so never mind. You could go up and talk to him like a normal person. Where's the fun in that? Your parents raised you better than that: you have to be dramatic. What's one thing Namjoon hates more than anything? Your eyes widen.