11. Sleepless - Yoonmin

Jimin could not sleep. This didn't happen often, but when it did, there was pretty much no hope for him getting any sleep at all. So rather than lie on his bed and stare at the blank ceiling, he sat in front of the window and watched the rain gently tap against it. The room was dark apart from the soft bluish white of the moonlight pouring in through the window, despite the dark gray clouds covering most of the night sky. Jimin was unsure of whether or not he should tell one of the boys that he couldn't sleep, but in the end, he concluded that he shouldn't keep them up over his problem. He instead decided to get a glass of water and maybe something to eat as well.

He quietly made his way to the kitchen, the hallway dark and looming. Jimin wasn't afraid of the dark, he just preferred when he could actually see clearly the ground in front of him. He grabbed a glass of water and went to the refrigerator. He opened it, the yellow light illuminating his features as he absentmindedly scanned the shelves. Coming to the conclusion that there was nothing his stomach desired, he closed the door and turned to go back to his room, but was greeted with the exhausted face of Min Yoongi illuminated by the soft moonlight coming in through the kitchen window.

"Hello," Jimin said quietly, but it came out as more of a question than a greeting. "What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Yoongi replied.

"I can't sleep."

"Neither can I," Yoongi replied, his voice barely above a whisper. "Do you wanna maybe come to my room and talk for a little bit?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

Yoongi turned to walk back to his room and Jimin followed suit, trailing slightly behind. The two arrived at Yoongi's bedroom and Yoongi immediately sat down on the bed. Jimin stood awkwardly in the doorway, unsure of what to do with himself.

"You know you can sit down," Yoongi said, the corner of his lips curling up in a slight smirk as he moved over to make room for the other boy. Jimin walked over to Yoongi's bed and sat down next to him.

For the next hour or two, Jimin and Yoongi talked about whatever came to mind, except for stuff relating to feelings because neither of them were in the mood to suffer.

It was around midnight now and both boys were extremely tired.

"Hyung?" Jimin whispered quietly, his eyes closed as drowsiness took over. When Yoongi didn't respond, Jimin opened his eyes only a little to see that the older boy had drifted off to sleep. Jimin decided to lie down as well, his back to Yoongi. He closed his eyes and let himself drift off into unconsciousness.

---

Jimin woke up and glanced at the bright red of the alarm clock on the nightstand next to the bed. 5:26am . It was nearly three minutes later when Jimin realized that Yoongi's arm was securely wrapped around his waist. Even though Yoongi wasn't awake, Jimin was grateful for the darkness of the room hiding his blush for his own pride. Jimin slowly slipped out of Yoongi's embrace and stood up. He pulled the covers up over Yoongi and quietly made his way back to his own room where he curled up in his own bed and fell asleep again.