10. Fallen - Taekook

The wind was cold but their laughter was the truth untold. The star-struck lovers sat side by side with their hands interlocked with each other hoping times like this would never end, although, throughout their smiles, the darkened heart seemed to grow in silence until it burst that one day.

Jeon Jungkook sat on the edge of the rooftop, his legs dangling as he waited for his partner, Kim Taehyung. It was Valentine's day and Jungkook wanted to give Taehyung something he made or rather a song he wrote for him, he looked at the sky awaiting the latter but to his surprise, the male never came, something else did, news, bad news. 

Namjoon broke through the rooftop doors panting whilst calling out Jungkook's name, the youngest member whipped his head around noticing the older members face, his heartbeat raised as he waited for what the older had to say. "Hyun-" "Taehyung hasn't moved out of bed! Please-! Please take a look at him, we've called an ambulance!" 

Jungkook didn't wait, he dropped his earphones on the concrete floor as he dashed into the living room despite Namjoon's desperate calls for him. He burst through the doors of the living room startling the life out of Jimin and Jin who stood near Taehyung's room. "Jung-" "Kook wait!!" "NO!" 

The younger pushed the two aside, calling out Taehyung's name as he stopped midway at the sight of his boyfriend on the bed smiling in silence. Jungkook's eyes brimmed with tears until he heard laughter behind him before he heard the door shut. The boy was confused, he turned around meeting the wooden door, he was ready to break down thinking that the others gave him time to prepare for the worst but his eyes snapped at the voice of Taehyung saying the following words. "I'm glad you came running for me..I'm sorry for scaring you Kookie, turn around." 

Jungkook's heart dropped to his feet, he turned around so fast his neck almost broke while his eyes let his tears fall, he opened and closed his mouth to speak before he simply bit his lower lip with a saddened pout, he was not happy so to say. "Did...you..did you think this was funny Kim Taehyung?" He asked, clearly annoyed, staring at the smiling male. Taehyung sheepishly smiled as he scratched the back of his neck. "No, but I first asked hyungie if this was too harsh on you, he said no but I suppose it was...sorry baby, please forgive me." Taehyung pleaded, opening his arms for the younger. Jungkook, despite being taken aback and teary-eyed walked to the older male and hugged him tightly, clutching the back of his white shirt for dear life as he buried his face into his shoulders. "I don't accept your apology but hugs are fine..." Taehyung fondly laughed at the youngers response. He knew that if Jungkook hugged him, he was forgiven, he'd made the said male angry before and it took a week to get him back, Taehyung would never want to do that ever again, it was pure torture. 

"Hey, let go for a second. I need to show you something." Taehyung whispered into Jungkook's ear sending shivers down the male's spine, he reluctantly let go with a tilt of his head wondering why he was being restricted from hugs and comfort. He followed Taehyung's movement, his eyes trailing the older males hands being tucked into his pockets and pulling out a box, Jungkook's eyes widened. "W-wait hyung?" Taehyung looked up at Jungkook before kneeling on the floor and opened up the box with a shy smile. "I've known you since 2013 and I've seen you grow, Jungkook you are such a man that I never knew I would fall in love with, despite all the stereotypes around us, we never grew apart and that's the best part. I love you Jungkook and these...yes, they're engagement rings, please accept them, for I wish that you are the person I spend my entire life with, not just you, your smile, personality, laughter, happiness...everything. I want to spend every second with you, will you...stay with me forever Jeon Jungkook?"