21/ Garan's Plot and the Council

Ch

Ch. 21: Garan's Plot and the Council

[Jiraiya: Flashback]

Jiraiya ask one of his toad summon to summoned him to Konoha and the toad did as it was told. Now, Jiraiya stood in front of the Hokage, Minato and give his report about spying on Naruto/Garan.

He didn't left out anything. Everything he learn about his problem child of a Godson, he report it to the 4th Hokage.

From his unruly behavior, his techniques that doesn't seem to require Chakra, his mastery over his weapon and how the kid kill like it was normal to him.

Minato show his concern and fear over his disowned son and wants to find out what exactly happened to him after he was expelled from the family when he was 10 y/o.

But Jiraiya's question made him think twice and suspect Garan about something. Something that happened just recently.

Jiraiya: Minato, do you think that it was Naruto? You know, the kid that cause the massacre just a while back? And cause Danzo's disappearance? Didn't you say before that the boy said 'he hate Konoha'?

"The boy, just like Naruto is also using a weapon. And from what the autopsy report said, the victims died from someone who is a weapon expert. Naruto is also a master of weapon which made him the prime suspect.

"And the Fire Technique he used against me might be the same technique he used to burn the Civilians in the first Evacuation Bunker that killed a quarter of the Konoha's population. What do you think?"

Minato: Your reason to doubt and suspect Naruto is valid, Jiraiya-sensei. But you know as well as I do, that without proper evidence I cannot convict him.

Jiraiya(thinking): I know, why don't you just ask him up front?

Minato(confuse): What?

Jiraiya(smile): What I noticed to the kid when I was observing him, was that he always said that [he won't lie]. Maybe we can use this and ask him that question?

Minato: .....(sigh) I don't know, Sensei. If we did ask him that question and turns out that we are mistaken, then I won't ever have the chance to reconcile with him again. I'm risking to much here, Sensei.

Jiraiya(sigh): I understand. Its only a suggestion, anyway. But just think about it, alright? Just remember that we are doing it to protect Konoha and the [Child of Prophecy].

Then Jiraiya leave to do his [Research].

*****

2 days later and Team 7 arrived in Konoha's gate. They went directly to the Hokage's office to give their report.

A

On the way, Garan look around the village and noticed that everyone is looking happy and seem to have move on from the massacre a few months ago.