Zim x Male!Telepathic!Reader

Requested by WhoAreU112
' Text in here is thoughts '

I looked out the car window at me and my parents new place. This whole town was.. strange. Whatever. It's not like I had a choice. I grabbed my bags and walked into the house.

~The Next Day~

I walked into the strange classroom in.. "skool".. and Mrs Bitters told me to introduce myself.
"Uh, I'm Y/n l/n" I knew they weren't listening, so I didn't bother saying anything else and sat down beside this strange green boy. Our eyes locked for a moment and I noticed a strange teal coloured blush on his cheeks. He looked away and I could tell he was feeling flustered.. for some reason.

A few days had passed and the green boy, I found out his name is Zim, had looked at each other but hadn't said anything. Until today at lunch.
"Human!"
"Um, my name is Y/n.."
"Whatever. Zim demands you sit with him today!" He shouted.
"Um, sure?" I said hesitantly, he seemed very intrested in me, it also seemed like he was, scared of that? "What's wrong?"
"Eh!? N-nothing is wrong with Zim!" He lied and sat down, glancing at me eating a sandwich. "What is that?"
"Uh.. a sandwich?" 'Stupid Human food' he thought, making me kind of confused. He was.. very strange.
He kept looking at it so I grabbed my other one from my bag and handed it to him. Zim looked at it strangely, before snatching it from my hand and taking a bit.
Well he ate, I got a good glance at him and noticed not only was he missing ears and a nose, but Zim also only had three fingers.
"Hey Zim, could I ask you something?'
"Fine. What?"
"Why do you only have three fingers? And like.. green skin with no ears or nose."
'Ugh, I swear if I have another human try and expose me like the Dib-stink I'm gonna be mad.' "Its a skin condition." Was all he said before returning to the sandwich.

I hadn't stopped thinking about what Zim sai- well, thought. "Um, hey Dib?"
"Yes?" He asked, sorta confused. We've never talked but him and Zim think about each other quite a bit so thought I'd ask him.
"What's with Zim? Like he says he has a skin c-"
"He's an alien! I have proof!" He screamed, making a few people look at us. Dib cleared his throat and started talking, well normally instead of screaming. "He's an alien."
This clearly wasn't a joke. He was serious. "I belive you." His eyes lit up.
"YESWECANSTOPHIMFROMTAKINGOVERANDSAVETHEWORLDTOGETHER!"
"Dib slow dowm-" I chuckled.
"Heh, sorry.." He scratched the back of his neck. 'Dammit.. I always ruin everything. This is why I don't have friends..'
"Its okay.. just couldn't understand you." I smiled, trying to reassure him.
"Thank you" Dib smiled.

It was late at night, but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about Zim. He was.. interesting. I don't know why, but I couldn't stop thinking about him. But I knew from school, he was thinking about me too.

There was a school dance coming up. Screw it.
"Hey Zim, mind if I sit with you?" I asked, smiling.
"Fine, the amazing Zim will allow it."
"You hear there's a school dance?"
"Yes.. I don't understand it."
"Well, you ask your friends or someone you like.." He looked confused so I continued explaining, "sometimes people get crushes, you like someone. You think about them a lot, you wanna hold hands, you wanna kiss and hug and date.."
"Oh." Was all he said.
"Um.. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me...?" I was nervous, I normally knew what people would say but.. he was diffrent. He didn't really.. it's not that he wasn't smart or didn't think much, but for some reason I could never tell with him. But I saw him hold back a smile.
"F-fine, Zim will go with you." He had a bit of a teal blush on him. "Does this mean we eh, do the dating thingy?" He was now happy, as much as he tried to hide it. Even if i wasn't telepathic, the blush on his cheeks would give it away.
"If you want to."
"Y-yes.." Zim blushed a bit more.
I just smiled, enjoying lunch with my new boyfriend.

(Sorry it took so long😭)
(740 Words)