nineteen

"But why?"

"We're gonna be standing around playing a boring game, Kiddo, and you really won't want to be there. Swear it."

Violet huffs, sticking out her bottom lip and crossing her skinny arms across her chest as she looks away. August sighs and glances up at the Emily's. "Thanks, you two," He says. "You just going to be hanging out on the Reservation?"

"Yeah," The wolf-girl says, "Em and I are making muffins for Sam and the Pack. We could use Vi's help, too, if she likes?"

Violet's ears perk as she hears her name and the mention of food, her grey eyes snapping to the woman. "Muffins?" Her lips curl at the ends. "Can I eat the mix?" She looks between the two women and August with a wide, pleading gaze. "Please?" She begs.

August chuckles softly, "Sure, Darling. Just make sure to wash your hands before and after. And do everything the Emily's tell you to. And don't eat too much sugar. And-"

"Augs," Emily chuckles, a little exasperated. "She'll be fine. We'll keep a close eye on her." She turns to the girl and winks, smiling gently as she pretends August can't see her.

"Okay," Auggie chuckles fondly, "Have fun, guys."

Violet squeals and hugs August's legs tightly before rushing to Emily's side, clinging onto her legs with strength that none of them knew she had. "See you," Emily signs, having been content watching the interaction between the other three until now. "What time do you want us to drop her off?"

"Uh," August scratches the back of his head, "I can text? If something comes up, though, and you need to leave her with me, just let me know and I'll head to the treaty line."

The woman nods and August smiles charmingly. "Wonderful. I'll see you ladies later, then, alright? Don't burn down the house."

"Arson!" Violet yells from Emily the Human's legs. "Arson! Arson!" She grins toothily. "Burn the world! Eat the rich!"

"That's right, V," Auggie chuckles, his eyes crinkling at the corners, "Eat the rich." He pauses for a moment, scrunches his nose. "Actually, probably don't do that. Humans taste gross."

"Ewwww." Violet scrunches her face, giggling slightly.

"You've eaten someone?"

August blinks and meets Emily the Human's gaze. He stays silent for a moment, eyes locked on hers as he pulls a face, before he breathes in sharply and looks at the watch on his wrist. "Oh, look at the time. Alice is going to kill me." He tells them, already backing away. "I'll see you all later. Bye-bye, Munchkin, love you!"

"Love youuuu!"

The Emily's watch August disappear into the forest, exchanging a look. "Do I wanna know?"

Emily the Witch gives the other Emily a deadpan look. "No, something tells me you don't."

Emily the Human jumps slightly when she notices Violet is now perched on her shoulder, her small arms and legs wrapped tightly around her and her head of red hair brushing against the woman's cheek. She hadn't even noticed the girl move from her place on her legs.

"Aaaaaaarsooooooonnnn." Violet whispers into Emily's ear, grinning widely.

"Vi's with the Em's and the wolves," August says in lieu of greeting, wrapping his long, toned arms around Carlisle's waist. "She's very excited. Might try to commit arson while she's there, but, hey -- everyone's got their vice."

"Oh?" Carlisle hums, smirking as he turns his head just barely to look at August out of the corner of his eye. "And what's yours?"

The Nymph buries his head into the crook of Carlisle's neck, breathing in sharply as he tightens his grip on the Vampire, grinning wolfishly when he feels him tense. "I have many," August says simply, trailing burning kisses along Carlisle's marble skin. "Kind people, weirdos, passionate lovers... I will admit, though," He pulls his head away, turning to meet Carlisle's dark, half-lidded eyes through the reflection of the mirror they stand before. He pulls lightly at the thin material of his mate's baseball jersey, the slightest brush of his fingers across the Vampire's abdomen throwing his mind into a haze. "I've always been a fan of a man in uniform." He tells him.