twenty-seven

Edit: GIF is courtesy of jokeperaltawrites on tumblr.

JANUARY

FROM: Alice Cullen (alicepixcullen@gmail.com)

TO: August Cullen (auggiestrees23@gmail.com)

Hi, Auggie! It's been a while, big bro.

You doing alright? To catch you up: Jas and I ended up following up on that movement stuff, and it's going really well - he's letting me take him on a relaxing holiday before we get any further into the movement, though. Exciting! I just know he's gonna love it.Rose and Emmett came back for a bit, but left shortly after to go travel the world. Esme's trying to look after Carlisle, and they've also gone out travelling to give him some time to breathe and process everything. Esme told me she's tried to get him to contact you, but that he won't as of right now. Though I think she also mentioned something about him buying a new phone and she thinks he may have messaged you, but he hasn't said anything and the phone he supposedly bought hasn't been seen in a while. Esme's mate hasn't made an appearance yet, but something tells me he will soon.

Edward's off sulking somewhere. He needed to be alone, so he left. Keeps in touch with Esme and Carlisle, mostly, but I've threatened him into messaging me at least once a month with updates. He's currently in a small cabin in Siberia.

Are you okay? I've seen Bella getting better, going out with friends, but I've noticed her future is getting hard to see, just like yours has. It's likely that she's either in danger (a common occurrence, really) or she'll be spending more time with the dogs. Please keep an eye on her for me. As for you and your future - it's starting to clear up, thankfully. Still pretty uncertain in some points, but much clearer than previously. Have you done something different? Interacted with a witch or anyone else that you usually wouldn't?

When I checked in on you last I saw your arm is darker than before. Both of them, actually. Did you get tattoos? That's so cool. Like I said earlier, it's kind of hard to see details, so... what's the design?

Keep me updated!

Love, Alice.

August pulls his jumper over his head and drops it to the floor with his socks, revealing the ashen skin of his lightly muscled arms and his toned torso, Carlisle's track pants now his only article of clothing in use. He reaches in to the bath and turns the faucet, using his toe to test the temperature. He hums when it feels alright to him. "Alright, darling, come with me." He says gently. August turns away and moves to the toilet, lifting Ellie's weak form off of the porcelain throne with ease and gently lowering her into the bathtub.

The water darkens the second her skin touches the water. She hisses slightly and he frowns. "Sorry. Is it too hot?" She nods weakly and he turns the faucet to cold, turning it off when she relaxes and nods at him. "I, er, I'm not the best at testing temperature anymore," He lifts his darkened hands, showing them to her with an apologetic smile. "Sorry."

August kneels on the linoleum floor, dropping a pleasantly scented bath bomb at her feet and watching it dissolve under the murky water.

His mind is far behind, still struggling to process the fact that Ellie is in the flesh and here. For now, he focuses on caring for her. He glances at her as she groans quietly, reaching out for him. August takes her hand without a thought, leaning against the rim of the bathtub and watching her intently.

"Where...?" Her voice is small and broken and it quivers when she meets his eyes. August's heart breaks.

August squeezes her hand gently. "You're in my home, Ellie. I, er, I don't know how you're here, but you are. I'm just getting you cleaned up in the bathroom so you can feel a little better and then I'll make you some food."