Rewrite ?

Hello! It has been absolutely forever and it's amazing to me that I'm still getting comments on this old thing. Re-reading my work and seeing how many people enjoyed it has made me feel so happy but also got my creative wheels turning. I'm thinking to rewrite this story, give it a little TLC. If you happen to still be around, let me know what you think !

So far I'm thinking instead of high school age, everyone should be adults - at the very least maybe senior year of college. But also instead of randomly getting assigned kids - mutual friends of a couple that either died or disappeared so Charlotte and Henry as next of kin ( godparents ) end up with custody of the kids. I couldn't bear to part with the characters I wrote in so all the kids stay however the tension between Charlotte and Henry will be reduced since they won't have any prior history other than knowing the parents of the children. I'd like more of a sweet love story in which they both get to know each other, the kids and what it truly means to create a loving and happy family.

The other idea I have is that Charlotte is a social worker who wants to adopt kids for herself. Jasper happens to know someone, Henry, who is struggling to keep custody of his kids. Jasper introduces them so Charlotte can offer legal advice in helping Henry keep custody over his kids but it doesn't go exactly how Jasper was thinking as Charlotte and Henry end up married and moving into a new apartment. Henry wins custody but now the couple must adapt to their new arrangement for at least 1 year as the court must make sure Charlotte isn't making any foul play as someone who knows the system best.

Or if there's any idea you'd like to suggest please do ! These are just the two I have brewing right now :) thank you for your time