VII

Henry immediately takes the bottle out of Aaron's mouth and places Aaron on his chest and shoulder. He starts to rock him and rub his back. I high tail it over to them and check Aaron's pamper by feeling it.

"Did you bathe him?" I ask and Henry nods but keeps rocking him. 

"Well the bottle is half empty so he can't really be hungry." I reason.

"He shouldn't be he had a full bottle before this one." Henry says and nods towards the bottle he just put down.

"Maybe he has to burp?" I suggest and Henry nods then starts patting his back. Aaron's still crying and I'm surprised the boys haven't come in here yet. I walk to the back of Henry and grab Aaron's fingers and start rubbing them. 

"Hey Aaron, what's wrong little man? Everything will be okay bubs." I coo to him in a soft and gentle voice. I continue doing that saying whatever comforting thought comes to my mind. Eventually he burps and instantly quiets down. Henry turns around and smiles at me. Before he can say anything I hear a loud thud and the boys yelling "Mommy" along with more crying. Henry and I race out to the living room to find Ashton crying on the floor and holding his head. 

He's got a small incision on the side of his forehead and there's a little bit of blood on the coffee table. I rush over to him and I try to first get him to stop crying. He just keeps crying so I sit down and scoop him up into my lap and rock him. I rub his back and let him get it all out. Soon his crying lowers to just sniffles. I get up, taking him with me and I carry him to the guest bathroom. I search around in the little cabinet and I get out Neosporin, alcohol, peroxide and the kiddy band aids. I set Ashton down on the sink and he looks at me all teary eyed and runny nosed. I wipe his nose first and wash my hands. 

"Okay bubs, now I've gotta clean your cut so it's either gonna be alcohol or peroxide." I say softly.

"The man-lady who watches after me uses alcohol all the time." Ashton says and I just nod my head even though I'm a little mortified that he felt the burn of alcohol at an age younger than he is. I dab a little alcohol on a cotton ball and press it to his cut a few times before I hold it there and wipe it. His hand shoots out and grabs my wrist. I pull my hand away and toss the cotton ball.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's otay Mommy." He mumbles. I get the Neosporin and put a little on his cut then I let him choose a band aid. He points to the Green Arrow one and I smile then put it on for him. He jumps down as I start putting everything away. I throw out all trash and turn off the light. We walk back to the living room but I stop and tell Asthon to shh.

"Alright boys, listen whatever happened cannot happen again. It hurts Mommy and I really bad when any of you get hurt. And I don't want anyone making fun of anyone for crying, it is okay to cry. I don't ever want to hear you laughing about Ashton or anyone else crying ever again. That is not a sign of weakness that is how you refuel and get strong again. Do you hear me?" Henry says in a stern fatherly voice. I can only see his back and he's got his finger out and pointing at the boys. They nod their heads. 

"Now go see if your brother is okay." Henry says and he turns around but I realize it too late. The boys run towards us and engulf Ashton in a hug and start asking if he's okay. He answers them and they run off again while Henry just stands there looking at me. He's really got more to him than most people think. I just shake my head and walk to the kitchen or try to.

"Charlotte." Henry calls sharply. I freeze but then I continue walking. I don't want to hear anything he has to say. I put the baby's bottle in the fridge and as soon as I close the door I'm pushed up against the fridge door. Henry is right in front of me and frowning at me.