XX

I took to watching Henry as he prepared for bed. Usually, I don't really stare at him and try to will up some laser beams to burn him but today I did. Sadly, he got in bed next to me and put his back to me. BOY, if I had lasers to shoot you riiiiight now.

"So we just not gone talk about this ?" I say coming off more rude than I meant. I don't feel the need to apologize though because I know he doesn't respond to me unless I'm mean and rude.

"Charlotte, go to sleep. It's over." Henry says and I just laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry. You literally came up to me and said you can't do us no more because you want time to heal and be better for me. But then 2 days later as I'm bringing the kids to work to suprise you, you've got a whole lil office whore that you're feeling up on and kissing up on. It's not over. We're talking about this now." I spew out, my anger about all this coming out. Henry gets up and turns to face me.

"First off, you make it sound like I was full on mouth kissing her. I wasn't. I went to turn around and she was right fucking behind me so our lips touched a bit and I backed off. What you saw when you came in was that moment, I wasn't feeling up on her - I bumped into her when I turned and I guess she faked falling into me so I caught her waist to steady her, after the stupid lip brush." He says tiredly.

"Why didn't you say that earlier ? You told me 2 different versions." I say remembering what he said earlier.

------------- EARLIER THAT DAY --------------------

" So the kids didn't see your lil office affair whore but I did." I said trying to be spiteful.

"I bet you fucking did. Why would you slam the door like that when you left ? " Henry said, clearly getting upset with me.

"I slammed it because I was mad. You came to me with this crap about not having a relationship right now and I catch you kissing and touching someone else." I said, this time I pushed him away from me since he was trying to get close.

"Well yeah. I ain't want no relationship with you. Her on the other hand, I could do her. Yep I kissed her and yep if you'd had stuck around my hands would have gone from her waist to her ass." Henry spits at me, there's no way this is the truth. He's gotta be saying this just to hurt me. I close my eyes and breathe for 5 seconds.

"You're such a fucking bastard. Man, I hope you're happy with her then. After this project, keep your toxic ass away from me." I said, feeling myself choke up and my voice breaks at the end. Henry's whole demeanor changed when he heard my voice break, his eyes swell with sorrow and his mean smirk turned into a deep frown.

"Char wait." He said as he tried to come close to me.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME !" I yell and bolt out the closest door which just so happened to be our apartment door. I ran to Jasper's apartment hoping to find Chloe home with the kids. To my luck, that's exactly what I found and exactly where I stayed for the next 3 hours before going home.

---------------------------------AND HERE WE ARE NOWWW BACK IN THE MOMENT -------------------------

"Alright, earlier I was just being a dick. I'm sorry. I was asshole Henry again and that's never pretty. I'm really trying but trust me, I don't want any romantic involvement with anyone but you." Henry says, completely erasing the angry atmosphere in the room.

"Okay. Let's just sleep on it alright ?" I say and he nods. I need time to just let this sink in and process. I may have greatly overreacted and caused asshole Henry on myself. I know better than to listen to what Henry says if he's angry because he'll say something just to get a rise out of me.