XII

"You're so stupid!" Avan screams from upstairs.

"No, you broke it!" Ashton yells back. They continue yelling at each other and Aiden comes running downstairs. He sits on the couch next to Henry and lays into his side.

"Hey bud, what's wrong?" Henry asks while Avan and Ashton continue arguing, these damned kids. I get up and go to the steps.

"AVAN AND ASHTON, SCREAM ONE MORE TIME AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER, DO YOU HEAR ME?" I yell up the steps.

"Yes Mommy! Sorry!" They both say quickly most likely not wanting to get their behinds whipped. I walk back to the couch and smile at Aaron who is in the makeshift bed on the floor which has pillows holding him in place letting him observe everything.

"I don't like when Avan and Ashton fight. Or when you and Mommy fight. I hate fights, fights make people leave and I want us to stay together." Aiden spews out and he hugs Henry's abdomen. Henry rubs his back and the depth of his words sink in to both of us I think. I kneel in front of Aiden and tap his knee. He turns his head so he can see me with his head laying against Henry's side.

"Hey bud, listen. Mommy and Daddy aren't going anywhere. We fight but we still love each other so there's no way we would ever leave." I say looking my son in the eyes and he nods at me.

"Okay." He says and I ruffle his hair which makes him smile.

"Listen bud, your brothers would never leave you or each other. You guys have been a team for so long there's no breaking that and you all have a little brother to look after. So no one's leaving. Mommy and I are going to try our best to keep you guys for as long as possible but even when we run out of time, can you wait for us to get you back ?" Henry asks Aiden who looks up at him with teary eyes.

"I'll wait forever just come get us. I don't like it at the center. They make us watch bad things. They're mean." Aiden says and I raise my eyebrow. Henry shakes his head as if to say "not right now". I roll my eyes and just touch Aiden's knee to let him know that I'm here.

"I'm going to go check on your brothers. Why don't you talk to Aaron?" I suggest. I get up and start my trek up the stairs. I get to Avan's room to see Avan and Ashton on two opposite sides of the room, glaring at each other.

"Boys," I call making their attention turn to me and softening both of their hard faces, " what's wrong?" I ask and they both huff.

"Ashton broke Aiden's toy." Avan says.

"Did not! Avan broke it, he kept telling me to do something with it and when I didn't he taked it and did the thing and broke it." Ashton spews out already turning red.

"Liar ! You broke it first so I tried to fix it but it broke for real because of you." Avan  says.

"Okay listen, first of all Ashton it's took not taked. Second the both of you broke the toy and the both of you need to say sorry to your brother. Thirdly, do not call anyone a liar. I do not like that word and we definitely do not tell lies in this family so there is no need for that word in this house." I say and they nod.

"Now apologize to each other first." I say.

"Sorry." Ashton says but Avan just sits there glaring.

"Avan don't make me-"

"Sorry" he says hurriedly. I smile, I'm doing a good job with this thing.

"Now hug it out and don't hold onto harsh feelings." I say and they go to hug each other. They pull away and slowly high-five then hug each other for real. They're so cute.