XXII

Sometime Much Later

"Do we really have to go ?" Ashton asks as he comes into our room.

"Go where bud ?" I ask as he climbs into bed and places himself on my lap.

"Away from you and Daddy." He says with a pout.

"Oh baby, sadly yes you do. But you guys have to be strong and wait for me and Daddy to come back to you." I say softly. I start to rub his back.

"But I'm gonna miss you. It's no fun there. It's boring and the people are mean. They force me to eat nasty vegables. When I get booboos it stays a booboo. No one takes care of it like you Mommy." Ashton says with tears rolling down his eyes. "I only see Avan and Aiden once a week. I don't want to not see Aaron. I want our family to stay together. Please Mommy don't take us back. Please they hurt us there. Please." Ashton cries into me. I just rub his back and hug him as he clings onto my shirt and wipes his tears on me.

"We'll work something out, okay Bub?" I say and he nods.

"Can you wait here for me while I go call Daddy outside ?" I ask gently and Ashton nods. He rolls off of me and cuddles with one of Henry's pillows. I stand up and grab my phone. I head out to the balcony and call Henry. He picks up immediately.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"How'd you know something was wrong ?" I ask him.

"You called my cell not the office phone. You usually notify me when you're going to call my cell and you didn't so something is wrong." He replies.

"Ashton just came to me crying about how he didn't want to go back."

"He's been the most emotional about this all, do you think something's up?" Henry interjects.

"Yes I do. He told me they don't even stay together, he said they only see each other once a week there. He said no one takes care of their bruises and then he started begging not to go back because they hurt them there." I rush out. I turn to look at Ashton to see him crying but fast asleep.

" Like hell my kids are going back there." Henry seethes.

"Calm down tiger, I think we should see what's up first and ask the boys about it. I know Ashton wanted to tell me more but he got scared. When you get home let's talk to them about it." I say.

"Sounds like a great idea. I'm on my way now." Henry says.

"Henry sit your ass down." I tell him and I hear him kiss his teeth. " You cannot leave work."

"Oh yes I fucking can. I told this job my family comes first and if my son is scared of something then I'm gonna make sure I take care of it. Be home in 15. See you Babe." Henry spews and hangs up. Oh boy, he sounds pissed. Ugh I gotta deal with an angry Henry and sad kids. This is not cool. 

My phone ringing pulls me out of my thoughts. I answer it.

"Hello ?" I ask.

"Char, quick question. Is it wrong to not give back our kids ?" Chloe asks me. I laugh.

"Chlo you know better, I expect this from Jasper but not from you." I say and I hear her sigh.

"You know we're nearing the end of this project and for some strange reason the kids have been really sad. I thought because they'd miss us but I think there is something bigger at play. " Chloe rushes out. Well her maternal instincts kicked in very quick.

"Chlo, if something is going on we can't give the kids back but we also can't keep them. We're too young to have kids in the real world." I say letting my doubts come out.