XV

Test 3 - Parent Type

"Hey, Jasper is bringing the kids over for a play date. Hopefully they tire out and sleep real good tonight." Henry says to me as he walks into our bedroom. I'm on the bed feeding Aaron and I look a hot mess.

"That's great. I should probably freshen up then. Would you mind burping him and watching him?" I ask and Henry shakes his head walking towards me. He picks up Aaron who just continues eating. I sigh out of relief and get out of bed.

"Mommy!!!" I hear a little voice call.

"She's not here!" I call back. I quickly pick some underwear out of my drawer and dash into the bathroom.

"Daddy, where's Mommy?" I hear Aiden ask Henry through the door.

"She's about to get in the shower. Hey look when I'm home you guys don't have to go to her for everything. Make full use of the time you have with me." I hear Henry reply.

"Okay Daddy. We just wanted to know if we can bake cookies now." Aiden says. I roll my eyes. These kids stay baking and eating sweets.

"Yeah sure, let me finish up with Aaron and the Hart boys will make some cookies. How about we make a special one for Mommy and all the work she does?" Henry says.

"Good idea! Maybe then she'll go back to giving us more kisses! You too Daddy!" Aiden says and then I hear his little footsteps as he possibly runs out the room. I didn't notice I hadn't been giving my kids affection. I've just been so tired trying to juggle between taking care of Aaron who is  teething, making sure the boys aren't dead or dumb and keeping the house clean. Henry's only been working for 2 weeks now and it's proven to be way harder with him not being around.

I strip and head towards the shower. I turn on the water and get out my shower cap. I cover my head and decide to do an extra brush of my teeth while the shower warms up. I finish brushing and get in the shower. Once I'm done scrubbing all the tiredness out of my body I rinse off once more this time with cooler temperatured water and turn the shower off. I apply Baby Oil to my skin and fully exit the shower. I grab my towel and dry myself off. I crack the window in the bathroom to let some steam out. I put on my underwear so I'm not completely naked. I wash my face, rub it with some witch hazel and let it air dry. I then apply my new face lotion and follow on with applying my body lotion on my body.

I slowly open the bathroom door, hoping Henry isn't in the room and once I'm sure he isn't I leave the bathroom. I come to find an empty room and my bedroom door is closed on top of that. I go back to the dresser and this time I pull out some leggings and fuzzy socks. Going towards Henry's side, I grab one of his smaller shirts and throw it on - also finally removing my shower cap, bonnet and silk scarf.

After I'm fully dressed I head downstairs to see just what the boys are all up to. Halfway down the steps I smell sugar cookies and I race into the kitchen.

"Mommy!" "Babe!" I hear my boys yell. Although I raise an eyebrow at Henry who smiles cheekily at me. He boldly get his tall behind up and walks over to me. He hugs me and kisses my forehead then walks over to the oven.

I stand there stunned. The kids race to my legs and wrap around them. I ruffle up all their heads.

"Hey boys, so did you guys mess up or burn anything ?" I ask and they all start talking loudly about how Henry read the wrong box but Aiden caught the mistake and they had to start all over.

"So Daddy's not good with directions huh?" I ask and Henry quickly turns to look at me with a smirk.

"No!" The boys scream and I laugh.