XIX

It's really funny how much things have changed in just a short period of time. It's even funnier how life sends the hugest curveball right when you're at the peak of happiness.

"What do you mean Piper's been hurt ? Hurt like what ? Hurt like she got a little scrape ?" Henry says to the phone.

"No Henry. She got into a fight." Mama Hart says.

"A fight with who ? Where ? Ma! How is she ?" Henry asks becoming frantic.

"Damn. Okay she didn't want me to tell you but she got jumped. It was actually by all her friends, she had no idea it was happening. She wasn't getting bullied or anything I guess they just didn't like her and well they did what they did." Mama Hart says making us both go into shock.

"What the actuall hell? Man I hate middle schoolers. Why would you not just tell someone straight up that you don't like them ? No need to plot against them and be fake about it." I rant off, starting to huff like it was my own sister.

"Nah, no way. Let me know who did it. I want to know why." Henry says but he says it with a twinkle in his eye that is not happiness.

"Um no, you are going to chill out for a bit. Go change Aaron's diaper." I say pulling him away from the phone a little. He looks at me and rolls his eyes.

"Ma we'll talk later when there are no intruders around." He shoots at me but goes to get Aaron out of his little walker chair.

"Boy ain't no intruders around here but you. Buh bye." I say and he just shakes his head.

"I'm so happy you two are friends again." Mama Hart says.

"Ha, tryna be more than that." I mumble and I hear a big "ooooooop" from the phone. Aw damn she heard me.

"Did I hear you right ? You like my son?" She asks.

"Of course. How can I not ? Have you seen him ?" I say trying to downplay it.

"Oh no, you're not into this one for looks. Tell me what's up." She about demands and I just smile at her antics.

"Alright well yes. If I may say so myself I am smitten with your son. He's just such a hard worker, a big help around the house, he may be a little dense but he tries to the best of his ability to understand my issues and emotional mess. He's so passionate about this project and the kids. I like the positivity he's been radiating and it's like I can finally breathe again. His smile makes me melt, his scent makes me weak, I want nothing more than to just cuddle up with him and stay there forever." I admit.

"Oh my, that's so cute. You gotta tell him that honey. Please he needs to hear it." Mama Hart says and I sigh.

"Maybe I will." I respond thoughtfully.

"CHARLOTTE !" Henry bellows from upstairs.

"Aannd that's my cue. Henry will call back later, love you Mama." I say.

"Love you guys! Be good!" She calls out and then hangs up. I leave Henry's phone and just head upstairs.

"Henry, what did you do now?" I ask and as I get closer to the top of the stairs I hear giggles and whispers to "shh". Oh lord, what are these fools doing ?

" Oh my goodness." I say immediately as I enter my bedroom to find the boys all piled up on Henry, Aaron included. They're all cuddled up together.

"Group Cuddle!!" They all yell at me. Aaron just kind of closes his eyes and goes to sleep before yawning and opening his eyes during all this.

"What do y'all want?" I ask unable to stop the big smile fron my face.

"We wanna cuddle Mommy!" Aiden yells. I laugh lightly and climb in bed with my family. I snuggle up with Aiden and as soon as I do I hear the boys all sigh.