Chapter 12: Return to UA!

Mt. Agency

"So, are you going to report him?" Death Arms asked Mt. Lady. They were sitting in the main office, discussing what had transpired the previous day. Luffy and Mineta were asleep.

"To be honest, I'm conflicted. Yes, he helped me when the Nomus attacked, and yes, without him things wouldn't have gone so smoothly." Mt. Lady said as she stared at the ceiling, trying to figure out this dilemma.

"But..." Death Arms said, hoping he would get her to spill her thoughts.

"But he broke the law. He used... whatever he used to go after his friends and he attacked the Nomus when I told him not to." She said as she plopped her head on her table. "I have no idea what to do."

"Well, I can't tell you what to do since he is interning under you, but I think you should hold off on arresting him." Death Arms offered his 2 cents. "At least until this internship is over."

"You think so?" Mt Lady said, not lifting her head up.

"He is strong, and has a strong will from what you told me." Death Arms said which managed to make Mt. Lady remember when Luffy stood in front of Stain, unphased. "His carefree demeanour could pose a bit of an issue."

"Snort. You can say that again." Mt. Lady said as she massaged her temples. "It's not like he did anything evil, he did help me and he did run to his friends when he thought they needed help."

"Ah, so there's the problem." Death Arms said as he took a sip of his coffee. "Is he a good guy? Or did he help you and his friends out of necessity? Did he help them just because they were his friends?"

"What do you mean?" Said Mt. Lady with a perplexed expression. "I don't think he would've helped us if he was a bad guy."

"I'm not saying he is evil per se. I'm just wondering if he would help anyone in need or just his friends?" Death Arms explained.

"And how do you want to find that out?" Mt. Lady asked curiously.

"I won't find out anything, I still have my own intern and agency." Death Arms said as he stood up from his seat. "How YOU find out if he's a good guy is up to you. Goodbye."

"Bye." Said Mt. Lady, now with more problems on her plate than she started with. *How am I supposed to find that out? It's not like I can make a scenario to see if he ...is, or can I?*

The Next Day.

"Okay, kids! Today we're going to work!" Said Mt. Lady to the still-sleepy teenagers. This made both of them groan.

"Ugh, fine." Said Mineta while going to the closet. "Where do you want me to clean up today?"

"I'm going back to sleep." Luffy said as he did a 180.

"Oh, no. Today we aren't going to clean, today we are going on patrols!" Mt. Lady said, which surprised both boys.

"Huh? I thought patrols aren't your thing." Mineta asked as he went back to her and Luffy.

"Of course they are!" Mt. Lady lied. "I just didn't think it necessary until right now. For no reason whatsoever."

"So, we're actually gonna do hero stuff and not just clean all day?!" Luffy said, already getting excited. "I can't wait!"

"Yes! Isn't it great!" Mt. Lady said as she approached the door. "Now come on kids, wickedness waits for no hero!"

On Patrol, Luffy was walking side-by-side with Mt. Lady with Mineta in the back. They were both eating some fries, freely given to Mt. Lady, and Mineta was sulking.