Chapter 19: Breakdown!

The Yaoyorozu Mansion

Right now Luffy and Momo were on vacation from U.A, That was what the school body told them anyway, but anybody smart enough would've realized that it was because of the League of villains' attack. Even though the school getting attacked was pretty big news, it was heavily overshadowed by the three-way fight between All-Might, All for One, and Luffy, which UA was pretty grateful for.

"Come on Lu, You have to give me more than that. You can't just say 'that it happens.'" Momo said from her spot on the couch for what was probably the 20th time, Luffy looked annoyed. "I mean, it's a whole transformation! This isn't something that just happens."

"But it did happen!" Luffy said from his spot on a nearby bean bag, he was getting really tired of Momo asking him about his fifth gear. "I was just feeling free and was having a blast fighting that it kinda happened, what else do you want me to say?"

"Ugh well, I don't know… You know I'm not the only one interested right? I mean the whole class has been sending me messages non-stop. How do you think I feel when I wake up and the first thing I see is at least 30 messages asking about you? I'm surprised they haven't visited already." Momo said as she reached for the remote for the living room's flatscreen. "Haven't they called or messaged you?"

"Huh? Messaged… Oooooh, you mean on the phone thing? I lost that thing." Luffy said nonchalantly as he spun his straw hat on his finger. Momo twitched an eyebrow.

"You lost it? What do you mean you lost it?! I told you to look after it like that straw hat! What am I gonna do when I need to call you?" Momo said with a palm on her forehead, she supposed she could have just made him another one, but how many times is she gonna make him a new phone? "Can you at least tell me when you lost it?"

"Umm… When did you give me it?" Luffy asked after a moment of focused thinking.

"About 3 months ago." Momo asked as she switched on the TV and started flipping between channels.

"Then about 3 months ago." Luffy said, not knowing that he came very close to getting an earful, thankfully a News channel saved him. "Look! It's All-Night!"

"Tsk! This isn't over." Momo said angrily as she upped the volume and looked at All-Might who looked like he was holding a press conference. As much as she wanted to scold Luffy, she was even more interested in what was going to happen to All-Might and his legacy, him going AWOL after his big fight, and the media begging him to make a public statement, apparently, he was going to do just that.

With All-Might.

"Sir! Sir! Sir! A question Sir!" "All-Might a question please!" "I have a question! All-Might!"

And multiple questions like this were asked way too fast and way too loud to understand. The flashes from the camera's blinded him, even though he didn't show it. All-Might sighed, now in his deflated form, held a hand up to signify the press to quiet down. He wore a suit, not his hero outfit. *I've been dreading this, possibly my last press conference.* He pointed to a random person who had their hand up. "Yes, the young man in the middle."

"All-Might, I'll just ask the question on everyone's mind. What happened to your appearance? Is this a result of the fight in Camino Ward?" The young man asked, his pen and notepad at the ready, the same as many other journalists there.

"My appearance… Is the result of a fight against a villain about 5 years ago." As soon as he said this, multiple cameras flashed at once and people started whispering with each other. "Thanks to modern medicine, quirk usage, and my own quirk, I've managed to survive what should've been a fatal blow, but not without consequence. Ever since that fight, my quirk has started to diminish in strength, being able to keep my other form from a couple of days a week to a couple of hours a day. Sadly, now I find it hard to keep it for more than a couple of seconds. I'm hoping to put my experience and hero knowledge to good use, to educate the next generation."