Chapter 21: Repair!

1/3 of the month.

During the first third of the month, nothing significant occurred regarding Luffy's mental stability. This was mostly due to the fact that Luffy spent most of that time sleeping. To address the situation, his subconscious intervened and forced him into a 10-day coma. While he was in this state, Luffy was placed under the watchful care of Recovery Girl in her infirmary. This allowed her to monitor his vital signs and ensure that he was receiving proper treatment.

"Yawn." Luffy yawned as he opened his eyes for the first time in 10 days. He smacked his dry lips, did some small arm stretches and rubbed the blurriness out of his eyes. He also noticed a small, see-through tube going through his nose. He looked around the room and noticed the old lady.

"Took you a while to wake up. Do you think this bed is here just for you to sleep in it?" Recovery Girl said in her usual irritated grandma voice but underneath her annoyed look, she was actually relieved that he woke up.

"Gra–" Luffy tried to say but his dry throat immediately sent waves of pain through his entire body, causing Luffy to grasp his throat.

"Don't try to speak. The nasogastric tube keeps you fed and watered, but since it goes straight into your stomach, it doesn't really help you with a dry throat." Recovery Girl said as she pointed at the tube sticking out of Luffy's nose. Luffy, not liking the sensation of the tube, yanked it out. "Don't do that! You'll injure yourself. Tsk, tsk, tsk, kids these days."

After Luffy took out the long tube, he spotted a glass of water and quickly drank it. He felt instant relief as the cold water entered his tummy. Recovery Girl watched him down the cup of water and couldn't help but worry.

"Are you okay sonny?" Recovery Girl asked him. "Listen, I heard what happened, I don't know the full story but I know you're in a pretty dark place right now."

Luffy didn't immediately answer her, as he was too busy filling up his glass of water at a water dispenser. After about 4 glasses of water, he said. "I'll be fine."

"Sigh. I can't believe that that energetic, big-mouthed kid turned into the strong silent type." She said as she went back to her desk and dialed a phone number. "Maybe that girlfriend of yours can turn you back."

"Girlfriend?" Luffy asked as he went to sit back on the bed.

"Yeah, Momo Yaoyorozu, she visited you daily while you were sleeping. I think she had nothing better to do, or maybe she cared about you that much." Recovery Girl said as she waited for the phone to pick up. "There were others, of course, everybody in your class visited you at least once, even that Bakugou brat. They were the ones that brought those balloons and flowers."

She said as she pointed at different bouquets of flowers sitting at his bedside, some more weathered than the others. There were also a bunch of 'get well soon' cards and balloons.

"Some teachers also stopped by but the ones who stood around her the most were definitely Yaoyorozu and Aizawa. Sometimes I'd catch him sleeping here in that sleeping bag of his and had to kick him out, saying stuff like 'I'm his guardian so I should be here for him.' That idiot, it's not like he knew when you were– Oh, wait a second." Recovery Girl said as she started talking on the phone.

"Yeah, he just woke up… Well, physically he's fine, I can't say the same for him mentally… Please do get him, it's not like this is his hotel room… Don't worry, I'll call Aizawa and report to him, besides he has classes now. Alright, see you soon." Recovery Girl said as she put down her phone and went to a nearby drawer. She got Luffy's clothes and handed them to him. "Can't have you run around in patient clothes now, do we?"

U.A. Dorms.

"And just as they jumped in the water, Mr. Aizawa caught them and canceled their quirks, making all 3 of them face-plant into the water. Isn't that funny?" Momo said with a bit of a forced laugh as she opened the door to the dorms and walked in with Luffy slowly walking behind her. Luffy did not laugh. "Anyway, they were pretty mad that the swimming race got canceled right at the finale but, if you ask me, they weren't even swimming. Bakugou was flying, Todoroki was skiing and well, Midoriya was swimming I guess. I mean, that is what I was told."