Chapter 16: Camp Pt 2

"Alright guys, who's ready for training?" Luffy asked in his usual cheerful tone but got nothing but grunts in response.

"Rep, Mr. Aizawa. It's way too early in the morning for any kind of training." Kaminari said as a few of his classmates yawned and a few with tears of fear in their eyes. The morning sun engulfed the woods with its cold light "Especially Luffy's training."

"I have to agree." Ojiro said fearfully. It was the second day of their training camp. After Luffy's 'training' from the other day, they had to get multiple health checks with Recovery Girl, the one this morning was the last one. They had no intention to revisit Recovery Girl again for the rest of this trip but something told them that they will visit her again, and that thought depressed them very much.

"I don't want to hear it. You all want to become heroes? Then act like it." Aizawa quickly silenced his students' whining. As much as he didn't like to see them hurt, he would hate it even more if they got hurt because of his soft side. "Luffy, continue."

"Ugh." Multiple students groaned and whined even more after that.

"Yosh! Ok guys, today we'll be learning haki." Luffy said it as if he expected everybody to already know what he was talking about.

*Oh boy, this is going to be rough.* Momo thought with a pained look on her face while also mentally apologizing for not preventing her fellow classmates.

"Half of you! Go pick up a bunch of sticks." Luffy said as he pointed to the woods. "The other half! Go get some blindfolds!"

"...Why?" Kirishima asked, more so confused than anything else. Aizawa was just as confused as the rest of them.

"What do you mean 'Why?'" Luffy asked with a tilt of his head.

"Maybe you should try explaining first what haki even is?" Aizawa said after an exasperated sigh.

"Wait you guys don't–" Luffy said before facepalming himself. "Oh yeah! You guys have no idea what haki is! I totally forgot! Shishishi!"

"Yeah, we don't know. So, why don't you try explaining it?" Jirou said in an annoyed manner.

"Yeah, I thought it was like, a different quirk or something." Mina said, remembering the class's talk with Aizawa.

"Quirk?" Luffy said as he put a hand on his chin and started thinking in an almost sagely manner. "That doesn't make any sense."

"You don't make any sense, you rubber freak!" Bakugou shouted, his patience already long gone. "Just tell us already!"

"Ok! Ok! I get it!" Luffy said with his hands up. "How can I explain this?"

Before any more whining and a murder attempt ensued, Momo stepped forward. "I think that maybe it's best that I explain what haki is."

Aizawa thanked his lucky stars, as did most of the students, he wasn't sure if he was able to go through whatever Luffy considered as an 'explanation'.

"Wait Yaomomo, how do yo–" Uraraka was very quickly interrupted.

"If anybody else interrupts this explanation again, I'll make them come to the supplementary course with Ashido and Kaminari. Am. I. Understood?" Aizawa asked in a threatening manner, a scarf floating around him as did his hair, his red eyes adding to the scary factor. After receiving a terrified 'yes sir!', he let Momo continue.

"From what I understand from my own experience with haki and Luffy's explanation of it, it is fundamentally a technique that is centered around will and lack of doubt." As she started explaining haki, her classmates' previous annoyed attitudes changed to a more curious one. "Going into a fight without any doubt and having the will to withstand the pain. That is what haki boils down to. Am I correct?"