Chapter 23: License Exam!

Luffy was seen running. Where? I don't know. Luffy doesn't know, not even God knows. Luffy just knows that about one crapload of balls were headed straight to him. Now, any normal person in Luffy's sandals would try to use some conqueror's haki, knock out everybody nearby, and score some easy points. But we all know Luffy doesn't fit the description of a normal person. The only thoughts in this entity's mind right now are 'I wonder where Momo is?' and 'I wonder where that blood girl is?' Thankfully for him, he's going to get the answer to one of those questions very soon.

"Uraraka!" Sero signaled for Ochako to come out of hiding and jump the 'blood girl,' as Luffy would put it. Ochako was seen popping out from behind Sero with a battle-ready frown.

"Release!" she yelled as she fell and attacked the fully naked girl, with clay covering her private parts. Ochako went in for the punch, but Toga, still disguised as the Shiketsu girl, dodged. *Damn! What reflexes!*

"Oh man, and here things were just getting good." Toga said as she squatted down on the broken terrain, looking rather proud of herself. "I really–"

"Oh, hey, it's you," Luffy said nonchalantly, as if he weren't the nightmare to her sleep. Toga would have given herself whiplash with the way she spun her head around to see him.

"Luffy!" "Rep!" Izuku, Ochako, and Sero exclaimed happily upon noticing him. They all appeared healthy, albeit a little tired from overusing their quirks to protect themselves from the balls. Only Izuku had a small cut under his right eye.

"W-Well, this has been fun, kiddos, but it's time for me to leave!" Toga said, fear clear in her voice as she kicked up a quick dust cloud and left the 'kiddos' alone.

"Aw, man! We should go after her," Sero said as she simply vanished from their sight. Luffy looked around, stretching his neck high, with one hand shielding his eyes from the sun, even though his hat already provided shade.

"Don't go after her! It might've been her quirk, but she wasn't wearing her targets, it's not worth it!" Izuku gave a quick explanation, and he thought everybody listened. Keyword here being 'thought'.

"I see her!" They heard Luffy's voice from above. "I'll chase her down." Before they could even respond, he had already vanished, leaving only an exclamation of "You go get her!" and a warning of "Don't!"

Toga's Point Of View.

The chase ended sooner than Toga would have liked. For the record, she wishes it could have been endless. Despite suppressing her presence, she couldn't exactly turn invisible. Soon, she reached the city section of the vast exam arena and made a quick left, darting into an alleyway. Using a wall for support, she panted from non-stop running and the use of her presence eraser. After regaining control of her breathing, she cautiously peered over the wall, hoping to see Luffy looking lost.

"Whatcha looking at?" Toga felt Luffy's words right beside her ear.

"Kyaa!" Completely jump-scared and triggering her fight-or-flight response, she ended up slapping Luffy across the face. The most unsettling part for Toga wasn't just the fact that Luffy had practically cornered her in an alley or that his neck was stretching to an ungodly length, to the point where she has no idea where his body is. It was the fact that after slapping Luffy, his head didn't even move. He simply stood there, and she slowly removed her palm from his iron jaw.

Before she could say anything else, Luffy's body jumped from the fire escape with a 'hup!', where he was apparently hidden, and came back down to his head.

"Sorry" was the first thing Toga thought to say. Luffy took steps towards her, and Toga mirrored this by stepping back, hoping this alley stretched indefinitely. "Well, wow! Look at the time. I've got to, uh, go back to baby the sit—no, sit the baby—wait, no! I meant..." She hit the inevitable wall, and her heart rate doubled. Luffy's face was unchanging—not mad or happy, just neutral. Which was the last thing Toga needed, How was she supposed to read his face that way?